Author Topic: SM, RoadRunner, Road Runner and Olympian Sightings/Reports Nov/Dec 2013  (Read 13163 times)

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 81
  • -Receive: 31
    • My Flickr Page!
Re: SM, RoadRunner, Road Runner and Olympian Sightings/Reports Nov/Dec 2013
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2014, 09:33:15 AM »
Indeed Andrew.

I think this part of Essex has had it in terms of bus operations. Unless a new operator comes along and performs miracles.

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 546
    • ScotBus
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2014, 10:57:53 AM »
Without sticking for either side (ever the diploamt apparently) - if everything that SM, Roadrunner, RoadRunner, Road Runner, that company who advertise an MOT garagae without adding their name to the bus, Olymus, Olympian (old), Olympian (New) are all now as one - which should make it so much easier to track in future. Judging by the amount of time it took to reach a decision, purely as even they couldn't figure it out.

Are the new company on the ECC tendered services preferred contractors register?
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Offline AndrewHA

• Thank You
  • -Given: 67
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2014, 12:27:49 PM »
I hope not Suzy , after what happened when they had the Essex Tender for Route 7 in this part of the world !

( Yes the Bus was Un-licenced )
Andrew HA.

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 546
    • ScotBus
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2014, 04:02:56 PM »
I hope not Suzy , after what happened when they had the Essex Tender for Route 7 in this part of the world !

( Yes the Bus was Un-licenced )

Oh yeah I forgot about that - sorry
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Offline Cheltonian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 146
  • -Receive: 240
See my latest photo's on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheltonian1966/

Number of individual vehicles recorded as travelled on at end of March 2020 : 14,622

Celebrating over 57 years interest in Buses and Coaches

Offline alex397

• Thank You
    • My Flickr Page!
The main road north of Loughton (Goldings Hill) has been closed due to an accident, meaning Olympian's 255 has been on diversion via the Epping New Road and Forest Road for the past three hours. This has happened quite a few times in the past (as people drive too fast along that Goldings Hill), and Forest Road always has the diverted traffic. Its really not a suitable road for large vehicles, so it has been complete chaos.

I'm sure Roadrunner don't need this, considering they will also lose money on Monday 7th for the Tour de France, when presumably the 255 will not be able to operate.

Out of interest, does anyone actually know what is happening to Townlink's 19/20/21 and Roadrunner's 255 on Tour de France day? I'm presuming they won't be operated.

Offline alex397

• Thank You
    • My Flickr Page!
The main road north of Loughton (Goldings Hill) has been closed due to an accident, meaning Olympian's 255 has been on diversion via the Epping New Road and Forest Road for the past three hours. This has happened quite a few times in the past (as people drive too fast along that Goldings Hill), and Forest Road always has the diverted traffic. Its really not a suitable road for large vehicles, so it has been complete chaos.

This has happened yet again today, with vehicles including lorries and Olympian vehicles coming down a very narrow residential road. This is happening on an almost 2-weekly basis now. Feel bad for Olympian as there is no way buses can be running to time as it has taken about 30 minutes for V199ERG to get down my road (Forest Road).

Even more unfortunate for Olympian, V199ERG has badly damaged a parked car whilst trying to manoeuvre past a lorry in the opposite direction. To be fair to the driver, he was in a very difficult situation.

The Essex Police station is at the bottom of Forest Road. When the main roads out of Loughton are frequently closed due to an accident, they should intervene and stop large vehicles coming down this road.

EDIT: The next bus which came down my road was Y971TGH, and this driver realised he couldn't get anywhere, so got out of the cab and helped all the other vehicles get passed him. Well done to him, a decent driver at Olympian.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:11:10 PM by alex397 »