Author Topic: konectbus and anglianbus further influence in Norwich  (Read 2488 times)

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2171
  • -Receive: 241
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
konectbus and anglianbus further influence in Norwich
« on: December 19, 2013, 09:12:14 AM »
Breaking news on the konectbus and anglianbus websites.

Quote from: konectbus and anglianbus websites
Norwich Bus Station

We are pleased to announce konectbus and anglianbus will be taking over the running of the information desk at Norwich Bus Station after Christmas.

As well as providing travel information for all operators, our staff will offer card-only (not cash) ticket sales for konectbus , anglianbus and Norwich Park & Ride services.

David Harrison, Norfolk County Council cabinet member for environment, transport, development and waste, said: “We know how important the travel desk is to passengers, so I am very pleased that we have been able to secure its future at Norwich Bus Station. This is a good deal for konectbus, anglianbus and for the Norfolk County Council”.

Norfolk County Council staff will be on the desk up to and including Monday, December 23. The desk will then be closed on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day before reopening under the new management on December 27 with a new appearance. The desk will be open 6 days a week Monday to Saturday, 08:30 to 17:30.

Will FEC in Norwich suffer the same fate as FEC in King's Lynn?

Or should one say 'how soon'?
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Offline Jamie V (AO02RBX)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 28
    • Jimbosbus Flickr
Re: konectbus and anglianbus further influence in Norwich
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 01:31:33 PM »
Breaking news on the konectbus and anglianbus websites.

Will FEC in Norwich suffer the same fate as FEC in King's Lynn?

Or should one say 'how soon'?
The question is though in response to your's, is it really worth Go-Ahead taking on the Norwich ops given the size of it? Its on a far bigger scale than Anglian-Konect Bus.

stagecoach106

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 01:36:52 PM »
thought norwich was okay with first also a point konectbus and anglianbus dont really run any around city services they run the out of town services. if any think i think konectbus should sod off out of sherringham and cromer as sanders have running well only reason konectbus is there is cause they cant buy sanders

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 546
    • ScotBus
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 02:36:39 PM »
thought norwich was okay with first also a point konectbus and anglianbus dont really run any around city services they run the out of town services. if any think i think konectbus should sod off out of sherringham and cromer as sanders have running well only reason konectbus is there is cause they cant buy sanders

First have issued a press release stating that the new shop will not sell their tickets, but made no mention of who the new operators were.
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Offline samw

• Forum Technical Support
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 53
    • Flickr
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 06:55:49 PM »
The information desk used to be run by NatEx then I believe Norse? First haven't ever been involved with is AFAIK.
Sam Wickham
Forum Technical Support