Author Topic: Latest purchases or on loan ?  (Read 1645 times)

Offline exiledleaf28

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
Latest purchases or on loan ?
« on: December 24, 2013, 01:46:07 AM »
Hi

I spotted a a stage coach liveried bus with horrible black painting covering the sides of the bus, does anyone know if these have been purchased for the fleet or are on loan

Also has anyone spotted EIG 1357 (Mercedes-Benz Vario Plaxton Beaver 2) which was noted as purchased along with X649 LLX (Volvo B7TL) which however was seen in painters booth

Thanks
           Exiledleaf28

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1406
  • -Receive: 209
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
Re: Latest purchases or on loan ?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 06:15:12 AM »
Whilst I am completely unable to answer your question I'm intrigued by your information.

When you say "horrible black painting" do you mean that black has been daubed all over the sides? Could this be a way to kill the Stagecoach livery and thereby kill any rumours of another takeover by Stagecoach?
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Offline exiledleaf28

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 05:01:40 PM »
Whilst I am completely unable to answer your question I'm intrigued by your information.

When you say "horrible black painting" do you mean that black has been daubed all over the sides? Could this be a way to kill the Stagecoach livery and thereby kill any rumours of another takeover by Stagecoach?

Sorry for being unclear

On the side of the stagecoach liver you have the orange curved (sort of) triangle,this was covered in a grey/black paint

Thanks exiledleaf28

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 74
  • -Receive: 30
    • My Flickr Page!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 06:32:37 PM »
I posted this on the Galleon thread a few days ago:

There is a new addition to the fleet (hired or purchased? I'm not sure), in the form of Dart SLF/Alexander ALX200, which is ex-Stagecoach East Kent 33021 (R821HCD). coincidently, I am used to seeing this in its former hunting ground of Kent, where I live for most of the year.

Unfortunately it is looking a right state, with Stagecoach livery crudely painted over with black paint. The former route branding is still evident though, for the 'C-line' route in Ashford.

It was operating the C3 today (19.12.13).

They also have another one, which is S411TNO.

I am also unsure if they are on hire or loan.

Offline exiledleaf28

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 08:47:31 PM »
I posted this on the Galleon thread a few days ago:

They also have another one, which is S411TNO.

I am also unsure if they are on hire or loan.

Galleon have had quite a few mechanical issues with a few of there darts some were noted broken down on the m11 and 2 were broken down on the 351 about 2 or 3 weeks ago, so they could be on loan ?