Author Topic: First UK Bus Announces Changes to Senior Divisional Structure  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 542
    • ScotBus
First UK Bus Announces Changes to Senior Divisional Structure

Wednesday 16 April 2014

First UK Bus today confirmed some changes to its senior divisional structure as it continues to strengthen its customer focus and empower its local leadership teams.

From 21 April, two Regional Managing Directors will report to UK Bus Managing Director, Giles Fearnley.   Dave Alexander currently Regional Managing Director (North) will have his role extended to cover Scotland and the North of England (Manchester plus North, South and West Yorkshire).  Neil Barker, currently Regional Managing Director (Scotland) has been appointed to lead Wales and the South of England (including Bristol and Avon; Hampshire, Dorset and Berkshire; the South West; Midlands; Eastern Counties; Essex; and Aircoach).   Under this new divisional structure the Chief Operating Officer (COO) role is no longer required and as planned, COO Jeroen Weimar left the Group on 9 April.

Managing Director of First UK Bus, Giles Fearnley, said: “Since we launched our Better Journeys for Life promise at the beginning of 2012, we have been pushing forward with our transformation programme and focusing particularly on improving our performance in terms of service delivery, customer satisfaction and driving volume growth. The appointment of Managing Directors to our local businesses is key to our strategy, enabling us quickly to adapt to new challenges and get close to our customers and the communities we serve.

“We are now moving to the next stage in our plans for adapting our senior divisional structure to ensure we give the correct support to our Managing Directors under this new business model, as they take responsibility for driving these businesses forward with their local leadership teams.”

He continued: "Jeroen Weimar has driven the first phase of our transformation programme in his role as COO.  We always envisaged that once the first phase was completing we would transition to a structure led by two Regional Managing Directors, fully accountable for service performance.  Jeroen has bought enormous energy and focus to our transformation programme over the last two years and I would like to thank him for the significant contribution he has made in changing our business model to focus more closely on customers. We all wish Jeroen well for the future."

Jeroen Weinar added: “I am very proud to have been a part of our transformation of First UK Bus over the last two years.  It has been a hugely exciting time and very rewarding to see the local teams seizing the opportunities to drive their businesses forward.  I wish all the First UK Bus teams well as they continue to deliver Better Journeys for Life.”
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending