Author Topic: Cheltenham Running Day  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Cheltonian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 146
  • -Receive: 240
Cheltenham Running Day
« on: June 01, 2014, 08:50:44 AM »
A number of Forum members went down to the Cheltenham Running Day yesterday to celebrate the 85th anniversary of Cheltenham District Traction Co and the retirement of Stagecoach West's Managing Director Ian Manning.

26 preserved vehicles were operating in normal service on a selection of 12 routes, plus two left-hand drive AEC Regents from Carris, Portugal operating a free service between Cheltenham Racecourse Station and the Promanade. Ian Manning had served with Carris during his career.  Local buses taking part were FLF's JAH552/553D and Lincolnshire SC 2494.

A very good day was had by all and a selection of photo's are on display on my Flickr site. (The last one is especially for Ninja!)
See my latest photo's on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheltonian1966/

Number of individual vehicles recorded as travelled on at end of March 2020 : 14,622

Celebrating over 57 years interest in Buses and Coaches

Offline Steven Knight Media

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 392
Re: Cheltenham Running Day
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 10:59:45 AM »
Great to see Forum members in Cheltenham yesterday - really enjoyed my Conducting stint on the ex Souhdown PD and the Open Top FLF - and at times it was hard work. I even got to ask Ian to show his pass when he jumped on my bus!

Besides the enthusiasts travelling it was great to see the reaction of local passengers when the buses turned up although many insisted on showing tickets or trying to pay fares when they got on.