Author Topic: Buses services being withdrawn from Little Harrowden/Orlingbury/Pytchley  (Read 1602 times)

Offline benwesley123

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 14
With Stagecoach Midlands altering their services within the Kettering district, villages and the villagers of Pytchley, Orlingbury, Little Harrowden and Mears Ashby which recieves currently upto 5-6 buses a day on these areas, as of 1/11/2014 these areas will be entirely UNSERVED thus cutting off a lifeline to the outside world for many people especially those who certainly don't have cars. I was thinking about writing to a few Northamptonshire firms to see if they would be willing to have a service operating to these villages even if its once or twice daily. What does everybody think to that?
Ben Wesley

Taking pictures here and there! Back again after a very long hiatus!
Out and about in Northamptonshire!

Founder and Chief Admin on Buses in Northamptonshire Past and Present page on Facebook!

Please check me out on Flickr for my photo collection: (bexxy321)

Offline dwarfer1979

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 131
Re: Buses services being withdrawn from Little Harrowden/Orlingbury/Pytchley
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 08:24:26 AM »
With Stagecoach Midlands altering their services within the Kettering district, villages and the villagers of Pytchley, Orlingbury, Little Harrowden and Mears Ashby which recieves currently upto 5-6 buses a day on these areas, as of 1/11/2014 these areas will be entirely UNSERVED thus cutting off a lifeline to the outside world for many people especially those who certainly don't have cars. I was thinking about writing to a few Northamptonshire firms to see if they would be willing to have a service operating to these villages even if its once or twice daily. What does everybody think to that?
Tenders have already been issued by NCC for 2 services covering these villages which need to be submitted by tomorrow morning, different structure to the current service provision but in terms of total number of journeys it won't be that far off what is currently offered.