Author Topic: Lost dog catches train to Cambridge  (Read 1092 times)

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2175
  • -Receive: 243
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
Lost dog catches train to Cambridge
« on: January 08, 2015, 10:51:23 AM »
Lost dog catches train to Cambridge after being found alone in Newmarket station

Quote from: Cambridge News
Lost dog catches train to Cambridge after being found alone in Newmarket station

Commuters felt like they were going to the dogs on a packed Cambridge trainafter a tiny lone terrier boarded a carriage today.

The pint-sized pooch named Cybil was found lost by schoolchildren at Newmarket station and brought on the 7.52am train to Cambridge.

After hopping off the train, the station staff alerted the local dog warden who collected the dog for safe keeping.

The dog had an identification chip and was reunited with its owner at 10.30am.

An Abellio Greater Anglia spokesperson said: "Our staff at Cambridge were pleased to care for an unexpected four-legged friend this morning when a stray dog was handed in which had been found at Newmarket station, and was brought to Cambridge on the 08.19 arrival.

"We hope the dog can be quickly reunited with its owner now it has been passed into the care of the local dog warden."

A council spokeswoman said: "Cambridge City Council held a series of free dog microchipping events last summer,ahead of a change in the law later this year that will make it a legal requirement for

all dogs to be microchipped for identification purposes."

I'm not sure if it had a Rover Ticket, but shouldn't the dog have been directed onto connections for Barking? Or the Isle of Dogs?  ;)

Anyway, I bet it had to stand all the way!   :(
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.