Author Topic: Cambridgeshire changes March/April 2015  (Read 16070 times)

Online barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 138
  • -Receive: 119
Re: Cambridgeshire changes March/April 2015
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2015, 11:48:57 PM »
The new Busway timetable is up.  The difference is some confusing timing changes to the buses leaving St Ives just after 7am that I don't understand and that almost look like a mistake :-s

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 528
    • ScotBus
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2015, 07:42:39 PM »
Right, from Central Beds - looks like a decision on the 73 post-consulation....

Bus service changes from April 2015
From 5th April 2015   53   Minor changes to timetable.
From 5th April 2015   73   The timetable for Stagecoach Route 73 will change. In Sandy the route will be revised to serve Tesco, Sandy Rail Station and operate closer to Fallowfield. A loop working will be introduced in the Engayne Avenue area.

Well, that has now been changed to read.... (for 73);

"The timetable for Stagecoach Route 73 will change. In Sandy the route will be revised to serve Tesco, Sandy Rail Station and operate closer to Fallowfield. The route will also be amended in St Neots Road/ Engayne Avenue area."

If anyone has any more information, please let me know - I understand the reversing point was to be replaced with a loop, which before it starts, is being replaced by nothing... ??? The locals are understood to have more detail, but it is not on Stagecoach or Traveline or CBC sites, other than as we mention here.
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2015, 11:05:34 PM »
Have I missed anything - especially the A and B ?

Stagecoach East Changes, from Monday 5th April 2015

NEW SERVICES 15, 15A, 15B (Ely City Services) These new services replace, almost like-for-like, the AbsolutELY service by half-sister company Norfolk Green. The timetable is identical, but buses will serve the Tesco stop currently used by the 9 for the Railway Station, instead of the car park. Download a timetable here, and a new map here.

Services 53 (MK/Wootton – Bedford) All buses eastbound will now arrive in Bedford three minutes earlier. No change to the Sunday service, or any westbound journeys. Download a timetable here, although you will need to scroll through the old at the start, to the new near the back.

Service 73 (Bedford – Sandy –Biggleswade) Following the public consultation we’ve mentioned in the newsletter over the last few issues, we can confirm that Service 73 will now be extended to/from Sandy Tesco superstore, and closer to the Fallowfield development. Initially, we’d been told that the bus will serve Engayne Avenue on a loop (resolving the issue of having to reverse there). We’ve now been told that the plan for the 73 in Sandy has been changed again, and buses will not be serving the Engayne Avenue area at all. We have no further information on this currently, but I will add this to the BABUS Bulletin Board when we get any.

Services A/B (Cambridge Guided Busway Services) Minor timetable changes – also see Service R (below). Download a timetable here, although you will need to scroll through the old at the start, to the new near the back.

NEW SERVICE R (Trumpington Park & Ride – Cambridge Railway Station) A new fast service, running Monday to Friday peak periods only. Supplements the main service A. Download a timetable here.

Service X5 (Oxford – Buckingham – MK – Bedford – St Neots – Cambridge) All changes to peak time morning weekday coaches. The 07.05 Bedford – Oxford journeys will now run 10 minutes earlier throughout. The 07.20 and 07.50 from Milton Keynes to Cambridge will start the journey twenty minutes earlier, but arrive into Cambridge at the same times. Download a timetable here, although you will need to scroll through the old at the start, to the new near the back.
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline 642EBD

• Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2015, 11:44:04 PM »
http://www.stagecoachbus.com/getTimetable.ashx?code=XECX005&dir=OUTBOUND&date=04%2f03%2f2015

why the hell do the x 5s need to sit at Bedford for 21 mins sod that for a game
when there's a driver change at Bedford the new man spends most of that time tapping away at his ticket machine.  Bring back the Setright Speed!

Offline David Goddard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2015, 09:28:01 AM »
With the 15s going down Lisle Lane every half hour surely it is about time that the inbound 9s and 12s could return to using Fore Hill and Brays Lane again, like they have reverted to using Back Hill.  Would reduce the journey time and restore the drop off near the Market Place.

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 533
  • -Receive: 90
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2015, 11:59:25 PM »
With the 15s going down Lisle Lane every half hour surely it is about time that the inbound 9s and 12s could return to using Fore Hill and Brays Lane again, like they have reverted to using Back Hill.  Would reduce the journey time and restore the drop off near the Market Place.

It is a bit of an oddity that the 9s use Lisle Lane northbound and Back Hill southbound. 12s use Lisle Lane in both directions. They pass more houses that way as well as Sainsbury's and Aldi.

The ZIP (Dews) does use Fore Hill and Brays Lane despite what Traveline says but I can't think of any stops between Broad Street and Newnham Street.

Offline Elsworth Fox

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2015, 12:36:06 PM »
The new Busway timetable is up.  The difference is some confusing timing changes to the buses leaving St Ives just after 7am that I don't understand and that almost look like a mistake :-s
It seems that the main (only?) changes to the As and Bs are eastbound during the morning peak Monday to Friday.  The 5 minute 'recovery time' has been shifted from the Station Road departure to the Park & Ride departure.  This is sensible because should a bus get through St. Ives on time, it causes congestion waiting in Station Road.
There appears to be an additional A journey at 07:12 from St. Ives, terminating in Regent Street. 
There does appear to be one mistake in that the 07:45 departure from RAF Wyton is linked to the 0815 deaparture from St. Ives Park & Ride, terminating at the station instead of the 0810 departure through to Trumpington.

Offline David Goddard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2015, 06:53:22 PM »
The ZIP (Dews) does use Fore Hill and Brays Lane despite what Traveline says but I can't think of any stops between Broad Street and Newnham Street.
There used to be a stop on Brays Lane next to Waitrose.  Based on Google Earth the flag appears to have been taken down.
It was actually a listed stop in Cambus timetables of the late 1990s.

Dial A Ride 117 Thursdays only from Upware does list this stop on Traveline.

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2015, 07:13:16 PM »
The planned changes forService 73 for 5 April have been deferred until late May.
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline Tony

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2015, 10:55:24 PM »
It is a bit of an oddity that the 9s use Lisle Lane northbound and Back Hill southbound. 12s use Lisle Lane in both directions. They pass more houses that way as well as Sainsbury's and Aldi.

LOOKING AT THE NEW ELY MAP FOR THE TOWN SERVICE LOOKS LIKE THE 12 WILL GO INTO ELY VIA BROAD STREET AND PASS SAINSBURYS AS PRESENT BUT JOURNEYS OUT OF ELY TOWRDS NEWMARKET USE THE ROUTES FROM MARKET STREET THE CAMBRIDGE BOUND 9'S DO.... (sorry about the capital letters)

Offline Tony

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2015, 10:58:31 PM »

LOOKING AT THE NEW ELY MAP FOR THE TOWN SERVICE LOOKS LIKE THE 12 WILL GO INTO ELY VIA BROAD STREET AND PASS SAINSBURYS AS PRESENT BUT JOURNEYS OUT OF ELY TOWRDS NEWMARKET USE THE ROUTES FROM MARKET STREET THE CAMBRIDGE BOUND 9'S DO.... (sorry about the capital letters)

Tried to do a quote and messed it up...

Offline Steves

• Thank You
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2015, 09:33:38 AM »
Interesting.  I have seen that map although I did not check the route for the 12.  Looking at the SiC website now 9.30, 19/3), the map only shows the 15/A/B route.

There are no timetable changes published for the 12.

SteveS

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2015, 02:19:04 PM »
Service changes 29th March 2015, 5th April 2015 and 6th April 2015

From the above dates we are making some changes to the Cambridge City Sightseeing service, 53, X5 and The Busway. We will also be launching some brand new services to add to our network. Details can be found below:

Timetable changes on Sunday 29th March 2015

The City Sightseeing Tour will revert to the summer timetable operating every 20 minutes throughout the day, 7 days a week. Click here for the new timetable.

New fare's will also be in operation on this service - Adult £14.50, Concession/Student £11.50, Child £8.50 and Family (2 adults & 3 children) £36.

Timetable changes on Sunday 5th April 2015

Route 53: There will be minor changes to the times on route 53. Click here for a full timetable.

Route X5: There will be changes to times Monday to Friday heading towards Oxford on journeys that depart Bedford before 0705. In addition to this there will be changes to the 0720 and 0750 journeys between Milton Keynes and Bedford. Click here for a full timetable.

Timetable changes on Monday 6th April 2015

Route A/B: There will be changes to Busway routes A & B affecting journeys on Monday to Friday only. This affects journeys at St Ives Station Road between 0652 and 1015. In addition to this there will be a change to the 0621 service B from Hinchingbrooke Hospital. This journey will operate earlier from Hinchingbrooke Hospital through to St Ives park&ride. A new journey will also operate on service A, leaving St Ives station Road at 0712. This journey will finish at Regent Street (Cambridge City Centre) at 0747. Click here for a full timetable.

Route R: This is a new route which will operate direct along the Busway between Trumpington park&ride and Cambridge Railway station. Click here for the new timetable for this service.

Route 15/15A: This is a new route which will replace the current Ely Town route which is operated by Norfolk Green. Click here for a full timetable and here for the new route map.
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2015, 02:20:09 PM »
Interesting.  I have seen that map although I did not check the route for the 12.  Looking at the SiC website now 9.30, 19/3), the map only shows the 15/A/B route.

There are two maps - you need to go to the Route Maps page, or scroll up this page, to find the Ely combined map.
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline Steves

• Thank You
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2015, 12:15:03 AM »
There are two maps - you need to go to the Route Maps page, or scroll up this page, to find the Ely combined map.

I now discover there are three maps as Stagecoach emailed a different version of the Ely map with all routes shown to the office.  That shows the future route for the 12 to be the same as now (both ways via Lisle Lane) rather than as shown in Suzy's map in the post higher up the page.  The office version is now in the route maps section of the Stagecoach website.  This version only shows one route for the 12 (in red) but there is one incorrect arrow for a one way only service left on the route.

Offline Stamford

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2015, 11:09:45 PM »
Given the recent changes to the road layout in front of Cambridge railway station, I'm intrigued to know how Service R will be able to get from Stop 9 to Stop 1 in one minute!  Every time I've been there since the roundabout has disappeared and the new yellow hatched markings have appeared that area has been full of cars and taxis loading and unloading passengers.

Online barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 138
  • -Receive: 119
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2015, 01:03:48 AM »
I noticed that.  It's best hope would be to reverse back to the junction, turn in it and reverse back.  But I suspect it's not going to!

It would be quite a tight circle to turn even if there was nothing else there.

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1345
  • -Receive: 202
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2015, 08:54:19 AM »
Given the recent changes to the road layout in front of Cambridge railway station, I'm intrigued to know how Service R will be able to get from Stop 9 to Stop 1 in one minute!  Every time I've been there since the roundabout has disappeared and the new yellow hatched markings have appeared that area has been full of cars and taxis loading and unloading passengers.
I noticed that.  [...]
It would be quite a tight circle to turn even if there was nothing else there.
And the roundabout is going to be removed, as development progresses.
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Offline Tony

• Thank You
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2015, 11:14:49 PM »
the roundabout at Cambridge station HAS been removed to make it easier for buses from station road to get onto the busway....it was removed on the night of 19 March.

Offline AE55DKN

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2015, 11:33:40 PM »
the roundabout at Cambridge station HAS been removed to make it easier for buses from station road to get onto the busway....it was removed on the night of 19 March.

Easier? My life has been so much easier the last 2 days!

Now to remove the taxis on station road

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2015, 06:20:48 AM »
[...]
Now to remove the taxis on station road

That will happen as the development progresses.
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2015, 11:28:29 AM »
Given the number of enthusiasts who were on the first day of ELY, will a similae number be doing the 15 I trust?

I think we know the answer already.
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2015, 06:42:08 PM »

New Service to Fight Congestion

We’ve teamed up with Cambridge Ahead to bring you a brand new congestion busting service for residents south of Cambridge starting on Tuesday 7th April.

The NEW route R service will operate between Trumpington park&ride and Cambridge Rail Station via the Busway at the busiest times of day. With a journey time of just FIVE minutes it really is the best way to travel to the Rail Station for that all important train while refurbishment work takes place there.

Buses will run every 15 minutes Monday to Friday and with journeys starting from the park&ride site just after 0600, you’ll be able to connect with trains to destinations such London, Ely. Norwich, Ipswich and beyond with relative ease.

In order to hasten your journey you can pay for your parking in advance instead of at the site. You can do that here

Parking costs £1.00 for the day or you can buy a weekly ticket for £5.00.

If you’ve already paid to park then you just need to board the bus and pay your fare. A day return is £3.20 from the driver or you can buy a weekly ticket for £13.50 with a Smartcard (£14 paper ticket).

Returning back to the park&ride site couldn’t be easier either. Route R will run every 15 minutes during the evening peak with the first departure from the Station at 1656. If you’re arriving in Cambridge a bit later then the last R service departs the Rail Station at 2040. Much later than before.

And don’t forget that at times during the day when the route R doesn’t operate you can still catch the Busway Route A between the park&ride and the Rail Station via Addenbrooke’s Hospital.

With the price of parking at the station costing up to £9.20 a day or £40.20 a week it makes sense to give Route R a try.

For more information about the service please check the links below.

Route R Timetable https://www.stagecoachbus.com/uploads/busway-apr15-router.pdf

Cambridge Ahead http://www.cambridgeahead.co.uk/

Promotional Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ussZFtl21w

Joint Press Release with Cambridge Ahead http://www.cambridgeahead.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Stagecoach-Route-R-launch-Press-Release-260315.pdf

Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline Steves

• Thank You
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2015, 09:23:10 PM »
Enviro E200 37215 started the Ely town services today,

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2015, 09:06:04 AM »
Enviro E200 37215 started the Ely town services today,

I like the 'citi' branding. Ely citi?

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2015, 12:49:29 PM »
I like the 'citi' branding. Ely citi?

my day in the citi
take car to town