Author Topic: Regal Busways Happenings 2014  (Read 7300 times)

Offline Palatine One

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 130
  • -Receive: 100
    • My Flickr
Regal Busways Happenings 2014
« on: August 29, 2014, 07:55:16 AM »
VanHool T9 bodied DAF SB3000 YJ03PKK has been a regular visitor to a layby on the A505 near Whittlesford Parkway Station in the past week. Any idea what it's doing up here as I don't know of any RRS work being done recently?

Offline busman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 166
    • The Wakefield Files
Re: Regal Busways Happenings 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 09:45:02 AM »
VanHool T9 bodied DAF SB3000 YJ03PKK has been a regular visitor to a layby on the A505 near Whittlesford Parkway Station in the past week. Any idea what it's doing up here as I don't know of any RRS work being done recently?
A few weeks ago (August 13th)  there was a Regal Busway Dart in hotel car park by the railway station
Never ask a dustman to talk shop.
He will only talk a load of rubbish!

Offline AndrewHA

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 24
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 02:50:07 PM »
There were one , sometimes two , Regal Busways vehicles parked up at Bishops Stortford Station most days during August .

I guess they are on some kind of Stand-By , in case abellio Greater Anglian Trains , go pear shaped ( again ) !
Andrew HA.

Offline Palatine One

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • My Flickr
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 04:57:41 PM »
Seems to be the same case here, as a X-NNO Trident was parked up in the same place this afternoon complete with "Greater Anglia" on the blinds. Evidently they've forgotten about the low bridge at Newport, not that such obstacles have stopped Regal before  ::)

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 74
  • -Receive: 30
    • My Flickr Page!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 10:13:40 PM »
I feel sorry for any GA passengers who firstly get inconvenienced by railway problems, and then have to travel on a Regal Busways vehicle!

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 556
  • -Receive: 99
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 06:19:18 PM »
This is the email from Greater Anglia which mentions the standbys.  Has anyone seen the others parked up near stations?

Dear Customer,

We are genuinely sorry for the problems that have affected train services in recent weeks. Performance has been well below the standards you rightly expect and we intend to deliver. As you may be aware there have been a variety of causes, ranging from infrastructure failures (e.g. with track, signalling and overhead line equipment) and engineering work problems to train faults, fatalities, flooding and road vehicles striking bridges..

We are acutely aware of the frustration and inconvenience felt by our passengers when things go wrong, so we are taking urgent action to improve performance as follows:

Putting in place quicker response arrangements for fixing infrastructure faults

Investing in an enhanced maintenance regime for points, signalling and level crossing equipment

Accelerating the track-side vegetation removal programme to try and prevent trees and branches falling on overhead lines and tracks - including tackling trees close to the railway, but on third party land

Upgrading other track and signalling equipment in the Ipswich area over the next 4 weeks to improve infrastructure reliability

Improving the planning, project oversight, resource management and contingency arrangements for engineering work projects

Investing in a programme to tackle the main causes of train faults (doors, couplers and pantographs)

Accelerating the fitment of remote train monitoring equipment to more of the train fleet, which helps identify potential faults before they occur

Adding management resource in our Control centre to provide more focus on the rural routes and branch lines to ensure performance is more consistent across the network

Trialling the use of a small number of stand-by buses, at key locations such as Bishop's Stortford, Witham, Ipswich and Norwich, to reduce the response times in providing alternative transport, where appropriate, in the event of service disruption.

In addition, we are making progress on the five initiatives we outlined in June:

An enhanced maintenance regime for overhead line equipment is in place, including route monitoring using a train fitted with a special rooftop camera to identify faults and potential problems

An enhanced maintenance regime for the track and signalling on the approaches to London Liverpool Street station (including a re-organisation of the maintenance team) has been introduced. Some track and signalling staff will now be based at Liverpool Street itself, to reduce incident response times should things go wrong

Improved customer information procedures to provide better information during disruption are being implemented

Additional customer information staff are now in place during the morning and evening peak periods

A software upgrade programme is underway for the London Liverpool Street departure board to improve the accuracy of information about train departures during service disruption.

Please accept our apologies for the recent problems. We are under no illusion as to the impact these problems have had on passengers and we are anxious to put things right. We believe that this targeted programme of initiatives will help restore the more consistent service we all want to see. Everyone in our teams is working as hard as possible to deliver real improvements over the coming weeks.

Offline busman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 166
    • The Wakefield Files
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 10:58:42 PM »
Having just passed Mucky D's at Wittlesford this morning towards Saffron Waldem a red ALX200 passed he heading towards the roundabout.
Never ask a dustman to talk shop.
He will only talk a load of rubbish!

Offline AE51VFX (Jonny)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 277
  • -Receive: 63
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/big_john_bus_spoter/
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 07:01:32 PM »
Just found this on the net about a Regal Busway bus being deroofed.

Link below

http://www.essexchronicle.co.uk/Bus-passenger-ducks-Regal-Busways-double-decker/story-22883342-detail/story.html
Please feel free to have a look at my photos on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/big_john_bus_spoter/

Offline exiledleaf28

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 10:17:33 PM »
Just found this on the net about a Regal Busway bus being deroofed.

Link below

http://www.essexchronicle.co.uk/Bus-passenger-ducks-Regal-Busways-double-decker/story-22883342-detail/story.html

The bus involved was X387NNO, you can tell by the front bumper

Offline Palatine One

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • My Flickr
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 11:25:15 PM »
The second one of that batch they've de-roofed then...!

You would think after the first accident they would have put measures in place to ensure that highbridge 'deckers didn't end up on routes with low bridges, especially when you consider there are a fair few in their operating area - although clearly not. Its been nothing but luck that no-one was killed or seriously injured!

Offline barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 142
  • -Receive: 124
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 01:10:28 AM »
The TC needs to be able to threaten people with only being allowed to run single deck buses...

Offline Alex Hazell.

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 06:03:11 PM »
Regal have on hire from Panther Travel Dennis Lance M211WHJ
Bus/Coach of the Week: Roadrunner Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer SLF P301AYJ.

Offline alex397

• Thank You
    • My Flickr Page!
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 09:55:43 PM »
What an embarrassment Regal have become! A few years back they had a smart fleet, with some good drivers. How times have changed.

Offline Alex Hazell.

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 11:36:55 AM »
Regal now have 5 buses on loan from us at Panther Travel. They are Dart SIL6719, B6 BIG9248, lance M311WHJ, solo S627JRU, and Olympian BIG7596

Offline alex397

• Thank You
    • My Flickr Page!
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2014, 04:16:39 PM »
Do you intend to have the Olympian back with both decks?  ;D

Offline Alex Hazell.

• Thank You
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2014, 06:47:08 PM »
Yes :)

Offline alex397

• Thank You
    • My Flickr Page!
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2014, 10:11:09 PM »
I've been told a double-decker hired from Panther Travel has appeared on route 3.

Considering Regal have de-roofed two vehicles from operating deckers on the route, and very nearly injured two passengers (on both occasions, there were people on the top deck). Regal have been very lucky the incidents did not result in serious injuries or fatalities.

And yet they still haven't learnt a lesson. This operator is a complete joke!

Offline AE55DKN

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2014, 11:42:20 PM »
I'd take the operators license off em

Offline AndrewHA

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2014, 12:38:40 PM »
The problem is we have a Tooth-less Tiger for a Traffic Commissioner in these parts .

You only have to look at what Certain Operators , Large and Small in Harlow continue to get away with on a Daily basis !
Andrew HA.

Offline alex397

• Thank You
    • My Flickr Page!
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2014, 06:23:03 PM »
Guess what..... another double-decker has been destroyed. This time by fire.

Its one of their President-bodied Tridents, and caught fire by junction 15 on the A12 last week. No one is believed to have been hurt.

http://www.essexchronicle.co.uk/Double-decker-destroyed-fireball/story-25703290-detail/story.html

Offline AndrewHA

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2014, 02:46:37 PM »
Do we know which one ? I photographed 1404 on Friday in Harlow , so it wasn't that one !
Andrew HA.

Offline David Stewart

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 36
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2014, 04:05:24 PM »
1401 (V761 HBY)  Fri 12th Dec on the A12 near Margaretting
Dave Stewart

Offline olympian 13601

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2014, 12:10:26 AM »
Didn't stop them using a Trident on the 391 on Monday-sods. Driver was very apologetic (although it clearly wasn't his fault) so I hope normal service with a mostly Preston Bus liveried Olympian will resume on the 391 soon.