Author Topic: Problems obtaining Senior Dayrider Gold  (Read 2643 times)

Offline pbt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 20
    • Peterborough Bus Times
Problems obtaining Senior Dayrider Gold
« on: March 25, 2015, 10:28:13 AM »
Both times I have tried to purchase a Senior Dayrider Gold on Stagecoach Midlands I have had to pay the Adult fare (£3.60 extra) as the driver did not know how to issue it. In both cases it was resolved (one by a cheque from the company and one by the driver eventually finding it on his machine during the journey and, to his credit, giving me a refund).

I will want to buy further tickets, and also the equivalent ticket on Stagecoach East. To be honest it is causing me some stress wondering if I am going to get into an argument with the driver or not (I hate arguments). Are there any drivers on the forum who can explain the exact keys which need to be pressed to issue this ticket so that I can confidently show drivers how to issue it? I don't know why it is so difficult to find on the ticket machine.

Hopefully this ticket will become better known as the number of people is growing every day who have reached 60 but are not yet eligible for the concessionary pass (personally I have to wait until I am 65 and 3 months. Am I bitter? Yes!). I wish there were more discounted fares for people in this category. Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline AE55DKN

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 33
Re: Problems obtaining Senior Dayrider Gold
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 11:29:57 AM »
I can confirm ;)

Its Under Day ticket's and you just need to select day rider concession instead of adult. its very very simple

Offline busman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 152
    • The Wakefield Files
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 04:23:43 PM »
I can confirm ;)

Its Under Day ticket's and you just need to select day rider concession instead of adult. its very very simple
Am I right in thinking that now I'm a mere 60 years old I can now get a day rider concession ticket? If so how much does it cost and how do I prove I'm 60 please.
Never ask a dustman to talk shop.
He will only talk a load of rubbish!

Offline AE55DKN

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 08:52:39 PM »
Am I right in thinking that now I'm a mere 60 years old I can now get a day rider concession ticket? If so how much does it cost and how do I prove I'm 60 please.

You are quite correct, just the gold ticket

£9.70 although It's going up to £10 next week.

If your lucky enough to look young enough, proof of ID would be handy.

Offline pbt

• Thank You
    • Peterborough Bus Times
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 11:47:11 PM »
Thanks for your replies. Since this is the Stagecoach in Northamptonshire board, perhaps I could just clarify that the Senior Dayrider Gold for Stagecoach Midlands is in fact £7.70, although I guess an increase is likely soon. The £9.70 ticket (soon to be £10) referred to in the previous post is the Stagecoach East version, i.e. the Concession East Dayrider Gold. Sorry AE55DKN but I wasn't clear from your reply about how the ticket is issued whether this apples to Stagecoach East, Stagecoach Midlands or both (my problems have been with Stagecoach Midlands hence it being posted here).

Offline pbt

• Thank You
    • Peterborough Bus Times
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 12:33:05 AM »
OK I think I have sussed this now. Basically the child and senior fares are the same and are actually called "concession". So when a driver claims he does not have a senior version but only adult, child and family versions, I should tell him that the child version also applies to over 60s and is actually a concession fare not just a child fare. I guess it probably says concession on the ticket machine but I think some drivers do not realise the concession is not just for children. Thanks for helping me to sort this out and I'm sorry for going on about it.

Offline AE55DKN

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 11:40:24 AM »
Surprised the midlands fare isnt the same? for the gold ticket.

Concession applies to over 60 and students, you are quite correct

Offline pbt

• Thank You
    • Peterborough Bus Times
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 10:10:37 PM »
All versions of the East Dayrider Gold are more expensive than the Stagecoach Midlands Dayrider Gold. I think it's probably down to the X5. The East Dayrider Gold is valid throughout on the X5 (Oxford - Milton Keynes - Cambridge) whereas the Stagecoach Midlands Dayrider Gold is not valid on it at all.