Author Topic: Norwich Single Deck Routes  (Read 1006 times)

Offline samw

• Forum Technical Support
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 47
    • Flickr
Norwich Single Deck Routes
« on: June 06, 2015, 09:09:38 AM »
Just a random pondering of mine. How many/which of Norwich routes run by single decks because of the following:

• low use
  • physical restrictions eg low bridges
  • single decks are the only spare vehicles
Sam Wickham
Forum Technical Support

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
  • J621BVG
Re: Norwich Single Deck Routes
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 12:30:37 PM »
I think the 14/15 Green Line routes have to use single deckers due to either a low or a weak bridge somewhere south of Norwich on the way to Wymondham. The only other route which is allocated single deckers is the 39, due to tight roads in the Lakenham area iirc.
East Londoner

Offline Kieran

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 35
    • Norwich Buses Blog
Re: Norwich Single Deck Routes
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 03:21:27 PM »
Hi Sam, hppe this helps.

Green Line 14, 14A, 15, 15A (Exc 15 Relief to Aviva) MUST be single deck due to low bridges in Wymondham. 12/12A joins this due to inter workings on the 14/15.

Purple Line 39 is single deck run (More specifically Enviro200) due to extremely tight turns in Lakenham. Sunday 39A is Streetlite run however due to a different route out of Lakenham via Hall Road, even still this is restricted to single deckers due to a low railway bridge.

Yellow Line 29/29A/29B/29S is single deck run, no particular reason why as such. I've never seen any more than a 3/4 full bus, so probably due to lower numbers. County Hall worker shuttle and the 38 are booked to be single deck for the same reason.

Noteworthy, however, is that there are single deckers booked to operate certain journeys on usually double deck routes. The 24/24A, for example.