Author Topic: East July timetable changes  (Read 2315 times)

Offline barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 135
  • -Receive: 113
East July timetable changes
« on: June 23, 2015, 03:53:12 PM »
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/JULY15.aspx

Thanks to feedback from customers and our partners at Cambridge Ahead we will be making some changes to the Route R service between Trumpington park&ride and Cambridge Rail Station so that it better connects with key rail arrival and departures.
We will be making changes to some services following the results of Cambridge County Council tendering. Some services will no longer be operated by Stagecoach but will continue under another operator. We will also be running additional services on some routes as a partial replacement for some services.
Details of the services affected can be found below
Route 45 - We will no longer operate this service and it will be operated by another operator on behalf of Cambridgeshire County Council. We will operate additional Busway A services as a partial replacement. See below for details
Routes 63/64/75 - We will no longer operate these services. They will be operated by another operator on behalf of Cambridgeshire County Council. Customers in Eaton Socon will be able to use a revised 66 service. See below for details
Route 66 - This service will be extended to serve Eaton Socon. In Eaton Socon the 66 will operate virtually the same route as the previous 63 service, however it will not serve Nelson Road or the stop on Great North Road opposite Shakespear Avenue. See HERE for the new 66 timetable. The new St Neots town map can be viewed HERE
Route A/B - Additional Busway A services will operate between Hinchingbrooke Hospital and St Ives which offer customers quicker journey opportunities between Hinchingbrooke Hospital, Huntingdon Bus Station and St Ives. See HERE for the new Busway timetable
Route R - This service will be retimed following feedback received from users and our partners Cambridge Ahead. See HERE for the new Route R timetable

Offline barryb

• Thank You
Re: East July timetable changes
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 03:59:15 PM »
As ever though, the first draft of the Busway timetable leaves out the village services.

Offline Julia_Hayward

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 07:00:32 PM »
Teapot. Guess who lives on Nelson Road, Eaton Socon?

Online chopper

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 30
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 08:09:53 PM »
I have relations living just off Nelson Road. Have used the services quite a bit.

Offline barryb

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 11:52:12 PM »
I have to grant Stagecoach that they've tried hard in relation to St Neots (including with the X4, the lack of popularity of which I still can't understand at all given how bad the X5 was and is), but it's still been a sad few years for its bus services.

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 527
    • ScotBus
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 06:35:39 AM »
Teapot. Guess who lives on Nelson Road, Eaton Socon?

Pity the depot isn't there Julia... you could have had some dead mileage killers like those on the Busway to Godmanchester etc. ...............
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Offline Julia_Hayward

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 06:15:12 PM »
The X4 suffered the same traffic problems as the X5, of course. I'm sure some peak time services to Cambridge Science Park (either A428/A14 or Papworth/busway) would go down well, avoiding the farce that is Madingley Road right now...

Offline barryb

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 10:17:36 PM »
But I'm presuming it didn't suffer from traffic problems in Milton Keynes as well!

Offline Julia_Hayward

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 09:46:48 PM »
True. I'm gobsmacked at how slack the morning X5 timetable is from here to MK, nearly 2 hours to the station. I was pondering it plus London Midland as the best way to get to Brum in the morning, but it's faster via London and not much worse via Oakham and Nuneaton!