Author Topic: Tweet-tweet (without account)  (Read 1132 times)

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 826
  • -Receive: 160
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
Tweet-tweet (without account)
« on: July 08, 2015, 09:06:00 AM »
Edit: spotted three typos. (No-one's perfec! [sic])

Following some discussion about a link to a tweet on Stagecoach CAMBRIDGESHIRE happenings 2015, I thought it might be useful to post some info here.

The first problem was that John W had tried to post a link so Forum members could see the photo:

Best Impression's New look Park and Ride livery can be seen on Twitter:

Best Impressions (@creatingdesire) | Twitter

It’s here! One of the four colours for the new look #Cambridge Park & Ride @Stagecoach_East pic.twitter.com/jzBxEmC1tk

Oops! The link hadn't been pasted in correctly.

It took me a while to get the hang of how to do it: I learned by clicking 'Quote' on other peoples' posts to see what they'd done. (Try it on mine.)

Then, Busman said:

And if we don't do twitter?

I guess he thought that the link was inaccessible without a Twitter account, but it was just a faulty link.

Quote from: How to Read Twitter Without an Account
To get immediate access to Twitter without an account, just go directly to Twitter's search page. If you type a name or a word about what you're looking for in the search field, you will begin seeing tweets right away. Another option for getting into Twitter is to go directly to any account profile page. If you know someone's username, such as "@username" as seen on websites and business cards, type "twitter.com" in your Web browser and type the username, replacing the "@" with a slash. For example, type "twitter.com/username" to go straight to that user's profile without being asked to log in. How to Read Twitter Without an Account

Eg: https://twitter.com/gowhippet gets you the tweets for the @gowhippet Twitter account. (Whereas pasting @gowhippet leads nowhere.)

Here's the link to the large version of the Best Impressions photo: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJURHD3WgAA0pON.png:large

And here is the same link presented a little differently: One of the four colours for the new look #Cambridge Park & Ride @Stagecoach_East by Best Impressions @creatingdesire

(Click 'Quote' on my post to see what I did there.)

And here are some screen-grabs which might make things clearer:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 03:49:30 PM by TCD813 »
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Offline busman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 149
    • The Wakefield Files
Re: Tweet-tweet (without account)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 01:15:10 PM »
Thank you Richard
Never ask a dustman to talk shop.
He will only talk a load of rubbish!