Author Topic: Lynx to temporarily run Coasthopper  (Read 3579 times)

Offline Kieran

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 35
    • Norwich Buses Blog
Lynx to temporarily run Coasthopper
« on: October 09, 2015, 07:13:47 PM »
Lynx are to temporarily run the coasthopper service for up to 56 days as the traffic commissioner has rejected SC's application. Beginning Monday, timetables are available on the Lynx website.

See article http://www.lynxbus.co.uk/bus-times-fares/

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 250
Re: Lynx to temporarily run Coasthopper
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 06:40:33 AM »
How do you mean they have rejected their application, seems very strange to me, although the timetables are on their site they are only valid for a few weeks and they don't appear to be shouting it from the roof tops either,

Offline Kieran

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 35
    • Norwich Buses Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 07:34:41 PM »
Yes that is what has happened as far as I can see. 56 days = 6 weeks which is when timetables are valid until, and when Lynx stop running.

Anyway, a few photos at http://norwichbusesblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/first-day-of-lynx-on-north-norfolk-coast.html

The four ex-Rotala Tempos are still in blue with Coasthopper logos. 1 YJ05JWZ, an original fleet member, was on the service today and later full sized Tempo 3 YJ55BKG which took over from 7 YJ58CEV due to a vehicle fault.

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 08:53:27 PM »
They will almost certainly be back in the summer, problem for them though is that making people change buses at Hunstanton to get on the CH and if they keep the 35 as it is and not direct or semi direct via Heacham will make the service unattractive then there will be dilemma come October 2016 do they take on Norfolk Green or do they pack up for winter which could cause confusion

Must say although I hate Stagecoach for their bland one fit all policies and unable or not willing to relate to the local area they are operating in not to mention their dirty broken down buses and regular timetable changes but I hope they put them away

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 06:57:25 AM »
Cannot recognise the scenario you paint about Stagecoach - perhaps you could elaborate

Norfolk Green name disappears in favour of Stagecoach, the buses are being repainted into the bland corporate colours that are the same in every city, the LynnGo tickets are renamed with guess what the Dayrider and Megarider which are ago used as a blanket ticket across the country