Author Topic: Stagecoach Jan 2016 changes [WAS] citi 8 changes maybe  (Read 7695 times)

Offline skyLink

• Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 49
Stagecoach Jan 2016 changes [WAS] citi 8 changes maybe
« on: November 10, 2015, 08:21:47 PM »
from Cottenham Parish Council

We have been informed that from 3rd January 2016 the Stagecoach Citi 8 service will only operate to the city centre. The reasons given is due to increased congestion between the centre and Addenbrookes. Stagecoach believe the cuts will create a more reliable service.

EDIT subject line
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 04:51:21 PM by Suzy Scott »
Kind regards
MR S

Offline barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 135
  • -Receive: 113
Re: citi 8 changes maybe
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 09:03:17 PM »
:-(

Offline AE55DKN

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 09:38:32 AM »
Good idea. The number of buses between city centre and addenbrookes is substantial enough
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 08:35:52 PM by AE55DKN »

Offline Habbinman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 382
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 06:14:32 PM »
Good idea. The number of buses between city centre is substantial enough
Do you mean between City Centre & the Rail Stn ?? I think the part of Hills Rd between the Catholic Church & Station Rd Corner is the worst bit of road for holding up bus services in Cambridge. And, sadly, much of this comes from the legacy of a previous Commercial Dept member (??) Just gets me why every single service needed to go the Rail Stn and/or Addenbrookes. It just saturated a very poor stretch of road, with buses !! Also, the road infrastructure in Cambridge is totally abysmal, with no proper planning whatsoever for Public Transport !!

I was in Hull 8 weeks ago & Stagecoach have revamped their network around the City of Hull. They have literally thrown everything in the bin, consulted the passengers & drawn up a NEW Network with different Service Numbers. I rode on several buses & was quite impressed...Mind you they've got a fantastic large Bus Station right next door to the Rail Station (which is a Terminus & NOT a Through Station !) There is ample parking for layover buses just further along the road. The whole Interchange in Hull, is next door to the Shopping Centre & is a FAR BETTER proposition than our "Excuse" of a Bus Station, here in Cambridge !!

Offline Habbinman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 382
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 06:22:48 PM »
from Cottenham Parish Council

We have been informed that from 3rd January 2016 the Stagecoach Citi 8 service will only operate to the city centre. The reasons given is due to increased congestion between the centre and Addenbrookes. Stagecoach believe the cuts will create a more reliable service.

The "jungle telegraph" in Cottenham & Histon is already near meltdown !! There have been many voices of complaint regarding the consequences of curtailing the service in the City Centre. These are mostly concerning passengers who travel to the Hospital, Rail Stn & the various schools/colleges in the Hills Rd vicinity. Its envisaged that it will cause pandemonium in Emmanuel Street/St Andrews Street with passengers having to change buses to continue their journey, or having to wait for connections ??

Offline AE55DKN

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 08:37:27 PM »
Do you mean between City Centre & the Rail Stn ?? I think the part of Hills Rd between the Catholic Church & Station Rd Corner is the worst bit of road for holding up bus services in Cambridge. And, sadly, much of this comes from the legacy of a previous Commercial Dept member (??) Just gets me why every single service needed to go the Rail Stn and/or Addenbrookes. It just saturated a very poor stretch of road, with buses !! Also, the road infrastructure in Cambridge is totally abysmal, with no proper planning whatsoever for Public Transport !!

I was in Hull 8 weeks ago & Stagecoach have revamped their network around the City of Hull. They have literally thrown everything in the bin, consulted the passengers & drawn up a NEW Network with different Service Numbers. I rode on several buses & was quite impressed...Mind you they've got a fantastic large Bus Station right next door to the Rail Station (which is a Terminus & NOT a Through Station !) There is ample parking for layover buses just further along the road. The whole Interchange in Hull, is next door to the Shopping Centre & is a FAR BETTER proposition than our "Excuse" of a Bus Station, here in Cambridge !!

City centre and addenbrookes. My mistake

Offline barryb

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 08:41:25 PM »
It is horribly inconvenient to change  buses, especially when services are less frequent and less reliable than they could be.

In theory I can leave Orchard Park on the B at 0638 and be at the Railway Station at 0704.  It's never happened that way once, even discounting delays between the city centre and the railway station.

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 527
    • ScotBus
Re: Stagecoach Jan 2016 changes [WAS] citi 8 changes maybe
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 04:53:45 PM »
Full timetable is at http://www.scotbus.com/large_files/z99%20Stagecoach%20East%20changes%20Jan%2016.pdf (8mb so too large to attach!), and I've copied and pasted the changes...

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/JAN2016.aspx

January 2015 Service Changes

SERVICE CHANGE BANNER

Please see below details of service changes which will take place on Sunday 3rd January 2016.

Bedford Services:

Routes 3/4/7/10 - Change to timetables on these routes in order to provide a 15 minute service between Putnoe, Poplar Avenue and Bedford town centre on Routes 7 and 10.

See below for details of each service:

Route 3 - All journeys in both directions will operate 10 minutes earlier than the current journeys. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW ROUTE 3 TIMETABLE

Route 4 - All journeys before 2000 hours towards Goldington will operate 11 minutes later. All journeys after 2000 hours remain unchanged. All journey's towards Bedford town Centre remain unchanged. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW ROUTE 4 TIMETABLE

Route 6 - The journey that departs opposite Woodland's turn on schoolday's at 1540 will now depart at 1535 and operate 5 minute earlier throughout. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW ROUTE 6 TIMETABLE

Route 7 - All journey before 2030 in both directions will operate 10 minutes later. All journeys after 2030 hours remain unchanged.PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW ROUTE 7 TIMETABLE

Route 10- All journeys towards Bedford Town Centre will operates 11 minutes earlier.. All Journeys towards Goldington remain unchanged.PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW ROUTE 10 TIMETABLE

Route 40 - Change to timetable affecting all journeys from Milton Keynes towards Bedford Monday to Saturday. Journeys will depart 5 minutes later and operate 5 minutes later throughout.PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW ROUTE 40 TIMETABLE

Route 41 - Change to timetable affecting all journeys after the 0815 (Bedford towards Northampton) and the 0830 (Northampton towards Bedford) Monday to Saturday service. Journeys will depart 5 minutes later and operate 5 minutes later throughout. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW ROUTE 41 TIMETABLE

Route 42 - Change to timetable affecting the 0720 departure from Bedford bus station towards Flitwick and the 0754 departure from Flitwick towards Bedford Monday to Friday only. Both journeys will depart 20 minutes earlier and operate 20 minutes earlier throughout. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW ROUTE 42 TIMETABLE

Route 53 - Change to the route in Milton Keynes Hospital. This does not affect the timetable or stops for this service.

Route 73 - Change to timetable. On Monday to Friday, the 0615 & 0645 departures from Bedford to Biggleswade will depart at 0600 and 0630 and will operate 15 minutes earlier throughout. The 0715, 0745 and 0815 departures from Biggleswade towards Bedford will depart Biggleswade at 0700, 0730 & 0800 and operate 15 minutes earlier throughout. There are also slight amendments to times on the 1645 and 1720 departures from Biggleswade towards Bedford Monday to Saturday.PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW ROUTE 73 TIMETABLE

Route 81 - Change to the Sunday timetable affecting all journeys. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW ROUTE 81 TIMETABLE

Route X5 - Coaches will now serve Buckingham Tesco's in both directions. There is also a change to the Saturday timetable affecting the 0650, 0720 and 0750 departures from Bedford towards Oxford. These will depart 10 minutes later and operate 10 minutes later throughout.PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW ROUTE X5 TIMETABLE

Cambridge Services:

Citi 2 - Change to route and timetable. Peak time buses will now serve Waterbeach, Landbeach and Milton to replace service 9 which will now operate direct down the A10 towards Cambridge pre 0830 and towards Ely post 1700 hours. The last three journeys towards the Science Park (Monday to Saturday) will now serve Milton village.PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW CITI 2 TIMETABLE

Citi 3 - This service will now stop at St Andrews Street S1 instead of St Andrews Street S2.PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW CITI 3 TIMETABLE

Citi 4 - Change to timetable Monday to Saturday affecting evening journeys which will depart 5 minutes earlier in both directions from 1850 onwards. There will also be an additional journey departing Cambourne towards Cambridge at 2312. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW CITI 4 TIMETABLE

Citi 5 - Change to timetable Monday to Saturday affecting evening journeys which will depart 10 minutes later in both directions from 1900 onwards. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW CITI 5 TIMETABLE

Citi 7 - Change to timetable affecting all journeys Monday to Sunday. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW CITI 7 TIMETABLE

Citi 8 - Change to route and timetable affecting all journeys Monday to Sunday. Buses towards Histon and Cottenham will now depart from St Andrews Street S3 instead of S2. Due to the length of delays to buses between the City Centre and Addenbrooke's Hospital, buses on Citi 8 will terminate in the City Centre and will not serve Hills Road, the railway station and Addenbrooke's Hospital. Customers will need to changes buses at Emmanuel Street E1/E2 onto the following services. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW CITI 8 TIMETABLE

(Ross can these be highlighted on a map of the City Centre?)

Citi 1 - From Emmanuel Street E1/E2 for Hills Road, the railway station and Addenbrooke's

Citi 2 - From Emmanuel Street E3 for Addenbrooke's

Citi 3 - From Emmanuel Street E1/E2 for Hills Road and the rail station

Citi 7 -From Emmanuel Street E1/E2 for Hills Road, the railway station and Addenbrooke's

Service 13 -From Drummer Street bus station bay 8 for Hills Road and Addenbrooke's

Babraham Road park&ride - From Emmanuel Street E5 for Hills Road (after 1830 hours), the railway station and Addenbrooke's

Busway A - From Regent Street for the railway station and Addenbrooke's

Service 9 - Peak time journeys into Cambridge pre 0830 and towards Ely post 1700 hours will now operate direct along the A10 as service X9, no longer serving Milton, Landbeach and Waterbeach. Customers wishing to travel to these villages are advised to catch the Citi 2 service which will replace service 9 in these villages. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW SERVICE 9 TIMETABLE

Service 17 - This service will now stop at St Andrews Street S2 instead of St Andrews Street S3. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW SERVICE 17 TIMETABLE

Service 9 - Peak time journeys into Cambridge pre 0830 and towards Ely post 1700 hours will now operate direct along the A10 as service X9, no longer serving Milton, Landbeach and Waterbeach. Customers wishing to travel to these villages are advised to catch the Citi 2 service which will replace service 9 in these villages. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW SERVICE 9 TIMETABLE

Service 17 - This service will now stop at St Andrews Street S2 instead of St Andrews Street S3. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW SERVICE 17 TIMETABLE
[EAST] CA - HILLS ROAD PDF JAN2016

Peterborough Services:

Service 31 - Changes to the Monday to Friday timetable affecting the 1605, 1705 & 1805 departures from Peterborough Queensgate bus station. These will depart at 1620, 1720 & 1820 and operate 15 minutes later throughout. The 1701, 1804 and 1901 departures from Ramsey towards Peterborough will depart at 1716, 1819 & 1916 and these will also operate 15 minutes later throughout. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW SERVICE 31 TIMETABLE

Service 33 - Changes to the Monday to Friday timetable affecting the 1535, 1635 1735 & 1835,departures from Peterborough Queensgate bus station. These will depart at 1550, 1650, 1750 & 1850 and operate 15 minutes later throughout. The 1726 departure from Tesco will depart at 1741 and operate 15 minutes later throughout. The 1702 departure from Whittlesey towards Peterborough will depart at 1717 will also operate 15 minutes later throughout. The 1649 departure from March Badgeney Road will depart at 1704 and will operate 15 minutes later throughout. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW SERVICE 33 TIMETABLE

Service 36 - Will now serve Thorney Road in Eye in both directions. Buses in Thorney will no longer serve Sandpit Road and Park Crescent. Customers are advised to catch the bus from Wisbech Road. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO NEW SERVICE 36 TIMETABLE

Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 05:29:57 PM »
... In case you thought you were seeing things...

(Ross can these be highlighted on a map of the City Centre?)
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline chris johnson

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 24
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 06:04:51 PM »
I just looked on my bus timetable for saffron walden for the new times when it comes in at 16:22 in station street looks like it got 50 minutes turn around in the new year plus it will help the drivers out as well as I noticed as well almost 3 Friday's this week I looked at my phone as he was half an hour late getting in and 20 minutes leaving heading back to Cambridge as saffron walden traffic bad on the Friday's as every one leaving work early and yesterday he got in 10 minutes late and left on time and yesterday  he was 7 minutes late and left on time today and I think it's a good idea having another bus in the mornings from saffron walden and change the evening times if heavy traffic about
this photo is a 53 reg Trident what I'm on and its 18058 yes it is Chris johnson

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 502
  • -Receive: 87
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 11:47:28 PM »
Interesting changes.  Good to see that Milton regains an evening service.  I wonder whether taking the villages out of the peak service 9s is to allow the use of saloons on those services (or possibly all services) - hopefully, the ex-busway Volvos eventually.

Offline Tony

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2015, 11:37:01 AM »
So kind of back to how it was with the citi 2 serving Waterbeach at peak times, just a shame that a couple of the late ones from Cambridge that head to Milton couldn't go through to Waterbeach and maybe a couple each way on a Sunday too, it will be interesting to read the route 9 timetable (at time of writing the link 1136, doesn't work from the stagecoach site) to see how it works in comparison with the current 9 serving both Littleport and or Chatteris as no mention of this on the changes list...

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2015, 02:42:58 PM »
So kind of back to how it was with the citi 2 serving Waterbeach at peak times, just a shame that a couple of the late ones from Cambridge that head to Milton couldn't go through to Waterbeach and maybe a couple each way on a Sunday too, it will be interesting to read the route 9 timetable (at time of writing the link 1136, doesn't work from the stagecoach site) to see how it works in comparison with the current 9 serving both Littleport and or Chatteris as no mention of this on the changes list...

tt at http://www.scotbus.com/large_files/z99%20Stagecoach%20East%20changes%20Jan%2016.pdf - merged all files into one, so you will need to browse to the back for the 9/X9.
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 502
  • -Receive: 87
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2015, 07:44:06 PM »
it will be interesting to read the route 9 timetable to see how it works in comparison with the current 9 serving both Littleport and or Chatteris as no mention of this on the changes list...

I did a quick comparison and the timetable is not changed except that those services that will miss Milton, Waterbeach and Landbeach leave 5 minutes later and are 5 minutes faster.  I couldn't see any other changes but I could be wrong.

Offline Tony

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2015, 02:05:58 AM »
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/JAN2016.aspx

When I click on these links I'm only getting the current route 9 timetable that started on 4 Jan 2015.......
**confused**
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 02:09:16 AM by Tony »

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1176
  • -Receive: 186
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2015, 09:01:59 AM »

When I click on these links I'm only getting the current route 9 timetable that started on 4 Jan 2015.......
**confused**

You're quite correct, Tony the Route 9 timetable link leads to the wrong upload!
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Offline Tony

• Thank You
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2015, 10:15:36 AM »
You're quite correct, Tony the Route 9 timetable link leads to the wrong upload!

its ok they don't believe me on twitter either.....

Offline Tony

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2015, 10:19:15 AM »
They have now realised I was right and are working on it, was told to check back in about 15 minutes....

Offline Tony

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2015, 11:15:16 AM »
They have now realised I was right and are working on it, was told to check back in about 15 minutes....

9 and x9 timetable is now correct....

Offline Tony

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2015, 01:19:09 PM »
9 and x9 timetable is now correct....

err not quite route timetable shows c2 as serving Drummer Street this is NOT the case and it will be changed soon, only noticed by Stagecoach after I pointed it out...
Wonder if they want to hire me as a proof reader lol

Offline barryb

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2015, 01:44:35 AM »
Waterbeach has acquired a really huge gap in the evening rush hour timetable :-(  Even the Milton gap is huge, given the overall deterioration from the service it was receiving the last time the C2 was going out there.

Offline David Goddard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2015, 09:06:54 AM »
An appalling state of affairs for Milton, Landbeach and Waterbeach, especially when we consider that twenty years ago they had a steady half hourly service, which has been chopped and changed so many times in recent years.  I appreciate that travel patterns change but this looks drastic.

The new main morning peak is good, so a credit there, but it weakens in the transition back to 9s at the shoulder of the peak with a 75 minute gap from Waterbeach.
Likewise, in the evening, with the last 9 at 1615, the next bus (a 2) is not until 1733, 78 minutes later.  Yes there is then a twenty minute interval until after 1900 but the gap is excruciating.  even for Milton there's a 9 at 1645 but then 48 minutes until the next service.

The extensions to the 2 look geared around the wind up/down of the main frequency, so a use of vehicles that would otherwise run empty to or from depot, so only happen where it is operationally convenient.

Of course this change also completely severs, again, the link between Ely and Waterbeach.  Can we take it that there is no such demand at all here?  Bit of a walk to the stops near the slap up, especially if it involves crossing the A10 in the dark at peak times.

Offline skyLink

• Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 49
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2015, 09:41:50 AM »
An appalling state of affairs for Milton, Landbeach and Waterbeach, especially when we consider that twenty years ago they had a steady half hourly service, which has been chopped and changed so many times in recent years.  I appreciate that travel patterns change but this looks drastic.

The new main morning peak is good, so a credit there, but it weakens in the transition back to 9s at the shoulder of the peak with a 75 minute gap from Waterbeach.
Likewise, in the evening, with the last 9 at 1615, the next bus (a 2) is not until 1733, 78 minutes later.  Yes there is then a twenty minute interval until after 1900 but the gap is excruciating.  even for Milton there's a 9 at 1645 but then 48 minutes until the next service.

The extensions to the 2 look geared around the wind up/down of the main frequency, so a use of vehicles that would otherwise run empty to or from depot, so only happen where it is operationally convenient.

Of course this change also completely severs, again, the link between Ely and Waterbeach.  Can we take it that there is no such demand at all here?  Bit of a walk to the stops near the slap up, especially if it involves crossing the A10 in the dark at peak times.

Bring back the old 196 106/108/109 they worked and was well used
Kind regards
MR S

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1176
  • -Receive: 186
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2015, 10:21:07 AM »
Happy New Year, folks!

Do keep posting here about things relevant to these changes.

Don't forget that all all general sightings and happenings for Stagecoach operations and vehicles serving routes in and around Cambridge, Ely, St Ives, St Neots, Huntingdon including the busway, during 2016 should be in Stagecoach CAMBRIDGESHIRE happenings 2016.
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.