Author Topic: Other coach operators at Stansted Airport  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 545
  • -Receive: 93
Other coach operators at Stansted Airport
« on: February 05, 2016, 08:57:40 PM »
I passed through Stansted Airport yesterday with some time to look at what is going on.

Stansted Citylink seemed to be good business.  The queue was too long for one coach so some people were waiting at least an hour to get away.  There were no visible duplicates being operated.  I don't know whether these were all Citylink customers or whether it was the result of the arrangement with Terravision.

Airport Bus Express now have an office in the terminal but they did not seem to be doing much business.  They are operating what look like standard National Express two axle Caetano Levantes.  These have BX65 registrations which I think means they are probably Volvos.  The legal lettering says their address is in Royston but the licence (PF1139276) gives an address in Bishops Stortford and their operating base is listed on the same business park as NX at Start Hill.

Offline AndrewHA

• Thank You
  • -Given: 58
  • -Receive: 24
Re: Other coach operators at Stansted Airport
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 06:51:01 AM »
We are still getting Terravision coaches in Bishops's Stortford, dropping off their passengers at the Bus Interchange, for an onward journey by rail to the Airport.
Andrew HA.

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 545
  • -Receive: 93
Re: Other coach operators at Stansted Airport
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 02:44:38 PM »
Citylink has applied to start a route to Victoria from Stansted (info from the LSP bulletin).