Author Topic: Ely Coach Parking  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 573
  • -Receive: 106
Ely Coach Parking
« on: June 17, 2016, 08:57:12 PM »
East Cambs Council are proposing to use a site on Lancaster Way business Park for coach parking.  I wouldn't have thought it was particularly good as I don't think there are any toilets or catering facilities there (although it is convenient for the Volvo dealer).

The article in the Ely Standard includes a location map. http://www.elystandard.co.uk/news/east_cambs_council_abandons_city_coach_park_for_lancaster_way_site_1_4580473

Is this the Stagecoach outstation?

Apologies, I would copy the map but haven't worked out how to do it.

Steve

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1553
  • -Receive: 211
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
Re: Ely Coach Parking
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 07:12:16 PM »
East Cambs Council are proposing to use a site on Lancaster Way business Park for coach parking.  I wouldn't have thought it was particularly good as I don't think there are any toilets or catering facilities there (although it is convenient for the Volvo dealer).

The article in the Ely Standard includes a location map. http://www.elystandard.co.uk/news/east_cambs_council_abandons_city_coach_park_for_lancaster_way_site_1_4580473

Is this the Stagecoach outstation?

Apologies, I would copy the map but haven't worked out how to do it.

Steve

I'm amused by the caption on the map screen-grab from the article East Cambs Council abandons city coach park for Lancaster Way site:
Quote from: Ely Standard
25 miles from Ely Cathedral to Lancaster Way

Methinks there's a dismal point [sic] gone missing!  ;D
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.