Author Topic: Regal Busways have applied to operate the former Olympus commuter route  (Read 2333 times)

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 880
  • -Receive: 204
Regal Busways have applied to run the commuter route which was operated by one of the SM Group of companies.  One journey southbound in the morning and two journeys northbound in the evening.

Offline AndrewHA

• Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 27
Re: Regal Busways have applied to operate the former Olympus commuter route
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 06:53:31 AM »
I wonder if they will be doing the school work in London , thst Olympian Coaches used to do between the peak runs to and from Harlow ?
Andrew HA.

Offline David Stewart

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 09:14:37 AM »
I don;t think they "applied' anywhere as such.   it runs as an "unlicensed express"  and as such is not registered and it does not have an LSP from TfL. It can start or finish as the operator wishes.  The service did inded start on Monday 1st Feb, using a white Neoplan coach MX10DFK. It duplicatee the 741 at the same times between Harlow and Victoria.  Observations show that in the first week, passengers continue to use the 741 and the X10 seems to be empty.
Dave Stewart

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 880
  • -Receive: 204
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 06:23:08 PM »
I don;t think they "applied' anywhere as such.   it runs as an "unlicensed express"  and as such is not registered and it does not have an LSP from TfL. It can start or finish as the operator wishes.  The service did inded start on Monday 1st Feb, using a white Neoplan coach MX10DFK. It duplicatee the 741 at the same times between Harlow and Victoria.  Observations show that in the first week, passengers continue to use the 741 and the X10 seems to be empty.
Dave Stewart

I don't know much about LSP but Olympus does have an LSP for the 741 so why doesn't Regal have one too?  I must missing a point here.  Terravison have (or had) an LSP for both their services and Stansted Citilink does too as well as a lot of other commuter operations.

Offline David Stewart

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 05:52:29 PM »
An LSP is to do with local fares and local stops within Greater London.  Registrations apply when bus stops with point to point fares are within 15 miles.  The X10 carries only prebooked passengers and ONLY from its various pickup points in B/Stort and Harlow to set down points within Greater London.   It runs non-stop Petter Street to Bow Church (the Redbridge stop on the t/t panel is NOT served, by the way, and thus makes that section more than than 15 miles.   The 741 is a 'normal' servcie, with local fares should anyone want, you can pay as you board.     
Dave Stewart

Offline woody38

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
Down to one into city & one out, remember when the 741 operated 4 in & out not that long ago