Author Topic: Call Connect  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Cheltonian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 146
  • -Receive: 240
Call Connect
« on: December 22, 2016, 05:16:24 PM »
I have recently noticed that the Peterborough and Stamford Call Connect services are now worked solely by a new company Transport Connect, Sheepwash Lane, Barrowby, Grantham Lincs. I presume this is the new Translinc now it has been sold off yet again. By the way Sheepwash Lane, Barrowby is the slip road between the A52 and A1.

See my latest photo's on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheltonian1966/

Number of individual vehicles recorded as travelled on at end of March 2020 : 14,622

Celebrating over 57 years interest in Buses and Coaches

Offline dwarfer1979

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 147
Re: Call Connect
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 08:35:03 AM »
I have recently noticed that the Peterborough and Stamford Call Connect services are now worked solely by a new company Transport Connect, Sheepwash Lane, Barrowby, Grantham Lincs. I presume this is the new Translinc now it has been sold off yet again. By the way Sheepwash Lane, Barrowby is the slip road between the A52 and A1.
As I understand it, this is more a re-incarnation of the original Translinc as it is owned by LCC and has been set up to cover work covered by Kier (the last owners of the old Translinc) when they closed the operation down.

Offline dennisdart

• Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 589
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 12:09:17 PM »

Marcus,

Is this the one? I have seen it a few times this week.

Offline Cheltonian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 146
  • -Receive: 240
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 07:26:06 PM »
Yes, that's the one Phil. I think this vehicle has replaced the Centrebus vehicle 215.
See my latest photo's on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheltonian1966/

Number of individual vehicles recorded as travelled on at end of March 2020 : 14,622

Celebrating over 57 years interest in Buses and Coaches