Author Topic: Stagecoach CAMBRIDGESHIRE happenings 2017  (Read 32107 times)

Offline Spoddendale

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 181
  • -Receive: 345
My photos may be seen at
http://www.ipernity.com/home/davidslater-spoddendale

The site includes:

My 1960s/1970s snapshots taken when I worked at Yelloway:
http://www.ipernity.com/doc/davidslater-spoddendale/album/690101

Offline steve

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 6
Re: Stagecoach CAMBRIDGESHIRE happenings 2017
« Reply #181 on: December 16, 2017, 08:48:47 AM »
Indeed - having submitted service cancellations to the Traffic Commissioners (or whatever the current name is), Stagecoach have now submitted an application to run "new" services to cope with the (non-)cancellation. Since neither the 30 nor the 35 features in an extensive list of service alterations for January that Stagecoach have posted on their website, it's reasonable to assume that the timetable continues unchanged as well.

But isn't it good of Stagecoach to reassure people who've heard rumours and seen the local news that they will be continuing. Imagine if you rely on the bus to get to work - there'd be some anxiety about whether you'd be able to continue doing that come January! Very typical of how Stagecoach work.

Note that Natwest will be closing some branches next year (including St Ives, for example). They have sent a press release and letters to all their customers 6 months before the doors close.

When Stagecoach change or even cancel the bus to get you there, they'll put a small poster on the bus and a note hidden on their website with barely a few weeks for people to find out. No wonder people aren't using buses in big numbers, the company makes no effort whatsoever and expects people to queue up to get on of their own accord.

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1345
  • -Receive: 202
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
« Reply #182 on: December 16, 2017, 12:01:17 PM »
But isn't it good of Stagecoach to reassure people who've heard rumours and seen the local news that they will be continuing. Imagine if you rely on the bus to get to work - there'd be some anxiety about whether you'd be able to continue doing that come January! Very typical of how Stagecoach work.

Note that Natwest will be closing some branches next year (including St Ives, for example). They have sent a press release and letters to all their customers 6 months before the doors close.

When Stagecoach change or even cancel the bus to get you there, they'll put a small poster on the bus and a note hidden on their website with barely a few weeks for people to find out. No wonder people aren't using buses in big numbers, the company makes no effort whatsoever and expects people to queue up to get on of their own accord.

I’m with with Whippet‘s Charlie Hamilton on this one – franchising.
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Offline Palatine One

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 130
  • -Receive: 97
    • My Flickr
« Reply #183 on: December 30, 2017, 04:13:45 PM »
Two big surprises in town today- Goldline 15950 YN14OXA working 2's and Trident 18335 working on the 1!

There were also two green ex-Busway Scanias on City work, on the 3 and 8 respectively. Didn't get their numbers.

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1345
  • -Receive: 202
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2018, 06:17:34 PM »
Oops we'd been using the 2017 topic instead of starting a new one!

Yes, I'd replied and not noticed!

I've split the topic. And I'll lock this one.

Carry on at Stagecoach CAMBRIDGESHIRE happenings 2018.

Happy New year to all.

Richard.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 06:19:23 PM by TCD813 »
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.