Author Topic: SC East TT changes Feb, Mar, Apr 2017 changes  (Read 2690 times)

Online Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 542
    • ScotBus
SC East TT changes Feb, Mar, Apr 2017 changes
« on: March 11, 2017, 01:07:00 PM »
Missed these two… Essex County Council have also mentioned a change to the c7 – see attachments that follow over the next few posts...

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-01/02/2017-12:00:02:112
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-02/03/2017-16:27:56:523
Service Changes: February 2017 01 Feb 2017
19 February 2017

Cambridge

Service 12

Changes to the timetable affecting the 0650 departures from Ely. These departures now have more travel time between Ely and Newmarket.

Service 18

Change to timetable affecting School Day 0750 Departure. On School Days, this will now depart at 0740 and arrive at Newnham, Grantchester and Barton earlier.

Peterborough

Service 23

Changes to the timetable affecting the 1625 departure from Peterborough Queensgate. This will now leave at 1620, and arrive 5 minutes earlier throughout.

26 February 2017
Norfolk

Service 48A

This service has been withdrawn from this date.

Service Changes: March & April 2017 02 Mar 2017 to 12 May 2017
19 March 2017
Bedford
Route 51

Changes to the timetable affecting the first departures to and from Rushden on Monday to Friday. These departures will now depart 10 minutes earlier.

2 April 2017
Norfolk
Route 1

Change to timetable affecting the last journey on Route 1 on Monday to Friday. This will now depart 10 minutes later and will arrive 10 minutes later throughout.

Route 10
Change to timetable reverting the service back to it's original route through Heacham and serving Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
Route 11
Multiple changes to the entire timetable.

Route 29
Change to timetable including the re-introduction of the 1849 departure from Wells-next-the Sea, as well as minor tweaks to Sunday departures from  Wighton towards Wells.

Coasthopper
Change to timetable reverting the service to the Summer timetable.
9 April 2017
Bedford
Route 81
The 04:35 Monday to Friday departure from Bedford bus station  will now leave 10 minutes earlier and will arrive 10 minutes earlier throughout.

Route 99
The 0645 Monday to Friday departure from  Central Milton Keynes and the  0545 Monday to Friday departure from Luton Airport will depart 10 minutes earlier and arrive 10 minutes earlier throughout.

Cambridge
Service 26
Change to the 15:30 departure from Royston. This bus will now terminate at Trumpington Park & Ride site.

Service X8
Minor changes to the timings of the X8 service between Chatteris and March.

City Sightseeing Tour
Our Cambridge City Sightseeing Tour switches to its  Summer Timetable with more frequent departures throughout the day.

Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Online Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
Re: SC East TT changes Feb, Mar, Apr 2017 changes
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 01:09:05 PM »
Attachment batch 1
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Online Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 01:10:28 PM »
Attachment batch 2
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Online Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 01:12:10 PM »
Attachment batch 3
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Online Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 04:01:02 PM »
... and maybe more? There is a consultantaion via the link too;
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and-offers/east/royston-spring-2017

Following customer feedback regarding our most recent changes to Service 26, we are actively looking at solutions for improving our timetable. The following proposal features an hourly service to Trumpington Park & Ride site, with morning and evening journeys continuing through to the City Centre.

PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE PROPOSED FULL TIMETABLE

The revised timetable accommodates travel into the City Centre by changing buses at Trumpington Park and Ride site.

This options is being considered to potentially solve a number of concerns which have arisen since the timetable changed to every two hours.

We have had requests to increase the frequency back to hourly and the only way to do this is to modify the off peak journeys so that they only travel as far as Trumpington Park & Ride.

PROS
Hourly service between Royston and Trumpington Park & Ride Site
Connection onto a 10/15 minute service towards Cambridge City Centre
Reduces congestion within the City Centre
Day and Weekly tickets will be valid on all connecting services
Easier connections to Addenbrooke's / Cambridge Rail Station at Trumpington Park & Ride site compared to Maris Lane, Trumpington

CONS
Have to change buses at Trumpington Park & Ride site for connections into Cambridge
Connection onto an hourly service towards Royston
Connections aren't guaranteed. If you miss it you will need to wait for the bus an hour later (if travelling towards Royston).
Route 27 will no longer operate
No waiting facilities inside after 1830 on an evening.

Please do give this suggestion your consideration and let us know your thoughts.

Due to the high quantity of feedback we are receiving, the closing date for the survey has been moved back until 26 March 2017 so please continue to respond with your comments.
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 160
  • -Receive: 177
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 09:02:28 PM »
It's not really an hourly service though, is it? 

I wish they'd extend it to the Railway Station or Addenbrooke's on the Guided busway (that would be a short and reliable journey time, and would offer better connections to and from the city centre).

I can't see it happening though; people don't like changing, and given the traffic in Cambridge it would be a very hard connection to get right.

Offline wadey88

• Thank You
  • -Given: 26
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 06:32:17 PM »
I agree people don't like changing.

People want to turn up at a stop and wait a reasonable time to get a bus home! Not the edge of Cambridge then onward. Like you say you are now relying on two buses to run on time.

I also agree about extend it to the station on the bus way.  Whole I believe the park and ride is too far out for an exchange. The station is perfect for an exchange as most (if not all) citi buses stop there. Great access to get round the whole of the city.
Trumpington park and ride limits them to two routes which ultimately get you to rail station and city centre.

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 669
  • -Receive: 134
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 11:41:58 PM »
I think it would be better extended to the station.  There looks to be time with a 34 minute layover at Trumpington although it would mean providing another driver to give meal breaks.  It would be easier if the layout at the station allowed the bus to turn round without going out to Hills Road.  It would need 2 busway single deckers but these could be found by re-installing the guide wheels on the Volvos allocated to Ely.

Could you extend 1 A per hour to Royston which would avoid the problem turning round at the station? Would this be a disaster for reliability?

Offline alanv

• Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 01:43:54 PM »
Do not forget that it is not possible to turn a bus round at the rail station.
Look at the  history of the R service from Trumington P&R.
Also consider that I have never seen a passenger on the 17.26 service 28 ex Comberton.
In fact I have not seen this journey for months though it is still in the timetable.
This lack of passengers is not surprising as it was supposed to connect with the 16.50 ex Cambridge.
The connection was not achieved over 30% of the time during the school terms in its first 6 months of operation.
The original timetable showed a theoretical connection but this has been dropped from later issues

Offline wadey88

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 05:06:01 PM »
What was the R service?

I remember when I was at college there was (i think 3 routes) 157 and 159 I'm sure were the numbers of two of them.
They were well used back then, and they went quite late from memory.

Our bus service for the villages around cambridge is bismall compared to what it used to be (and that weren't great).

It's like stagecoach run down a service enough that the council have to come in to subsidise it and then that's only a basic service as the council can't afford the funds.

I've said it before and I'll say it again no doubt but I'm sure a more regular route for most of the put of town villages with late night services would create a credible service and profitable privately run routes.

Offline wadey88

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 09:55:26 PM »
Sorry. Weirdly enough I saw a pic on Flickr today that showed one of the vehicles on route Rob.

How does this work. Does it use bay 9 for pick up and drop off and then go round the block (station approach - hills road then back down to the station)?

Offline Palatine One

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 140
  • -Receive: 127
    • My Flickr
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 12:31:11 AM »
Sorry. Weirdly enough I saw a pic on Flickr today that showed one of the vehicles on route Rob.

How does this work. Does it use bay 9 for pick up and drop off and then go round the block (station approach - hills road then back down to the station)?

From the one or two times I have seen it, the route is as you suggest - picks up then does a loop using Station Rd > Hills Rd to access the Busway again. Imagine it looses a fair bit of time queuing at the Brooklands Avenue lights...