Author Topic: Show us 2017  (Read 1087 times)

Offline wadey88

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 19
Show us 2017
« on: August 07, 2017, 08:25:41 PM »
Hi all,

My dad and I will be going to showbus this year. We have decided to catch the bus there (I feel this maybe more expensove than originally thought, this is where his bus pass cones in handy for him).
We are going up on the Saturday and coming back on the Monday (because we all know how great public transport is on a Sunday!!!).
We will be travelling from Burwell and staying in derby. While we have a route in mind I wondered if anyone else had any ideas how they would do it.

Regards,

David

Offline skyLink

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 65
Re: Show us 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 11:13:35 PM »
Hi all,

My dad and I will be going to showbus this year. We have decided to catch the bus there (I feel this maybe more expensove than originally thought, this is where his bus pass cones in handy for him).
We are going up on the Saturday and coming back on the Monday (because we all know how great public transport is on a Sunday!!!).
We will be travelling from Burwell and staying in derby. While we have a route in mind I wondered if anyone else had any ideas how they would do it.

Regards,

David

im a derby person now so there a few ways of it

slow way
10 from Burwell to Cambridge
b to Peterborough
9 to oakham
rf1 to Melton Mowbray
9 to nottingham
i4 to derby (bus pass is not valid on red arrow )

or fast way
10 from Burwell to Cambridge
x5 cambridge to milton Keynes
x7 milton keynes to leicester
skylink Leicester to derby

i believe stagecoach do a ticket thats valid on all the services think its a dayrider gold east and the skylink is £7.10

also the skylink stops at donnington park
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 11:15:25 PM by skyLink »
Kind regards
MR S

Offline wadey88

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 11:33:03 PM »
Hi thanks for the response. The slow way is similar to what we originally came up with.
I think we both wanted to ride on delaine so we have talked about going from Peterborough to Stamford then change at Stamford for I think a centrebus route to Melton Mowbray.

We may take the quick way back though and something we had not concedered at all. So much appreciated.

Offline pete tierney

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 10:05:59 AM »
Centrebus route 19 runs from Peterborough to Nottingham via Stamford & Melton Mowbray so you could connect into it if you wanted to travel by Delaine to Stamford.
There are ample buses from Nottingham to Derby including the Red Arrow, (bus passes NOT accepted on this route), all the other Nottingham-Derby routes are ok though.
I would advise checking the Centrebus web site before you travel though as there are changes to the frequencies of the 19 route due to come into play in August.