Author Topic: Queensgate Bus Station Peterborough  (Read 1363 times)

Offline dennisdart

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 494
Queensgate Bus Station Peterborough
« on: February 02, 2018, 05:30:53 PM »
Peterborough City Council have announced various cost savings for the next
financial year. One of which is....

Other announcements are: . The Travelchoice Centre kiosk in Queensgate Bus Station which provides travel information for bus, coach and train services, as well as walking and cycling options in Peterborough, is to be closed. Some tickets (including bus pass renewals) will be available from the Visitor Information Centre in Bridge Street and the service will continue online. Projected saving - £58,000 a year

Read more at: https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/politics/budget-briefs-queensgate-travel-kiosk-to-go-floral-reductions-terrorism-insurance-staff-redundancies-1-8362582

unquote

I thought that the kiosk did a fair amount of business, I normally get all my timetable from there, and there are very
often queues of people but hey I'm only a council tax payer so my thoughts are probably surplus to requirements.

RM471

Close Queensgate Bus Station, Peterborough
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 05:57:11 PM »
Sad but inevitable. Bus stations are very last century. I recommend closing it completely and replacing it with a multi-screen cinema which would revitalise the town centre in the evenings and make more use of the car parks. Acland Street could remain as a layover for long distance services.

Offline centralsimon

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
    • Station Staff forum
Re: Queensgate Bus Station Peterborough
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 06:58:12 PM »
Peterborough City Council have announced various cost savings for the next
financial year. One of which is....

Other announcements are: . The Travelchoice Centre kiosk in Queensgate Bus Station which provides travel information for bus, coach and train services, as well as walking and cycling options in Peterborough, is to be closed. Some tickets (including bus pass renewals) will be available from the Visitor Information Centre in Bridge Street and the service will continue online. Projected saving - £58,000 a year

Read more at: https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/politics/budget-briefs-queensgate-travel-kiosk-to-go-floral-reductions-terrorism-insurance-staff-redundancies-1-8362582

unquote

I thought that the kiosk did a fair amount of business, I normally get all my timetable from there, and there are very
often queues of people but hey I'm only a council tax payer so my thoughts are probably surplus to requirements.

Hopefully the visitors centre will stock timetables. But given the dire state of transport information in Peterborough, probably not.

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 559
  • -Receive: 101
Re: Queensgate Bus Station Peterborough
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 09:08:50 PM »
Hopefully the visitors centre will stock timetables. But given the dire state of transport information in Peterborough, probably not.

I work in a tourist information centre (not Peterborough).  We aim to hold all the local bus and train timetables but getting them from the operators can be really difficult.  The last set of Stagecoach timetables came in three weeks after the significant changes had taken place.  We can and do print the on-line timetables but they are in black and white and larger format than the official ones.

East Midlands trains just decided not to supply us to save money.  Potential customers can pick them up at the station but only then because it is a franchise requirement.

I know that many people now use the on-line versions of timetables but the people who use TICs generally prefer paper based information.