Author Topic: Busway closure this morning (9 April)  (Read 780 times)

Offline HughT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 50
Busway closure this morning (9 April)
« on: April 09, 2018, 12:07:41 PM »
The Busway was closed south of Cambridge Railway Station during this morning's rush hour. Does anyone know why? (I've checked County Council, Stagecoach and Whippet Twitter feeds, and Facebook and web pages, without success).

My guess is overrunning engineering works. Took the driver of the service my wife was on by surprise!

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1406
  • -Receive: 209
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
Re: Busway closure this morning (9 April)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 02:10:09 PM »
The Busway was closed south of Cambridge Railway Station during this morning's rush hour. Does anyone know why? (I've checked County Council, Stagecoach and Whippet Twitter feeds, and Facebook and web pages, without success).

My guess is overrunning engineering works. Took the driver of the service my wife was on by surprise!

All I can find is this on Cambridgeshire County Council’s website: Weekend Guided Busway repairs planned for April
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Offline HughT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 50
Re: Busway closure this morning (9 April)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 04:35:18 PM »
Indeed, That's what made me think it might have been those weekend engineering works overrunning.

I've also posted the same question to the Busway blog - will let you know if anyone replies there.
http://travellingtheguidedbusway.blogspot.co.uk/