Author Topic: July 2018 changes  (Read 4694 times)

Offline Elsworth Fox

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 36
Re: July 2018 changes
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2018, 04:41:20 PM »
If only James Palmer, the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor, stopped wasting his time of pointless projects and used his millions to provide buses in Cambridge with genuine priorities, Stagecoach would stand a chance.  Last year we had the nonsense of the £500,000 study looking at Light Rail for the whole of Cambridgeshire.  Now he proposes funding his Cambridge metro from developer payments when they built his new 'garden villages'.  It has taken 20 years to get Northstowe going.  By the time funding flows from the new 'villages' and work starts on the Metro, Cambridge will have ground to a halt.  What will happen if Stagecoach loses patience and shuts up shop?  First Bus with their continuing losses won't be able to help.  DB wants out of Arriva.  Will Go Ahead or Tower Transit ride in like knights to the rescue?

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2080
  • -Receive: 236
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2018, 05:13:54 PM »
If only James Palmer, the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor, stopped wasting his time of pointless projects and used his millions to provide buses in Cambridge with genuine priorities, Stagecoach would stand a chance.  Last year we had the nonsense of the £500,000 study looking at Light Rail for the whole of Cambridgeshire.  Now he proposes funding his Cambridge metro from developer payments when they built his new 'garden villages'.  It has taken 20 years to get Northstowe going.  By the time funding flows from the new 'villages' and work starts on the Metro, Cambridge will have ground to a halt.  What will happen if Stagecoach loses patience and shuts up shop?  First Bus with their continuing losses won't be able to help.  DB wants out of Arriva.  Will Go Ahead or Tower Transit ride in like knights to the rescue?

Cambridge Area Bus Users are tabling a question to Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority's Mayor James Palmer at the Board Meeting on Wednesday 27th June 2018 10:30am — 1:00pm at the Council Chamber Room, The Guildhall, Market Square, Cambridge, CB2 3QJ.

He may be moving towards taking the rôle of buses seriously. See this tweet which received a 'like' from the mayor.
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Offline Elsworth Fox

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 36
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2018, 12:22:40 PM »
I'm afraid I find these questions of the mayor too complicated.  Of course he's going to 'like' the questions.  As with all politicians he'll pick and choose, answering some parts of the questions with some easy, glib phrases and ignore the difficult bits.  I would like the answer to a simple, direct question:
"When are you going to do something to allow all buses, no matter who operates them, to operate freely through the city."

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 542
    • ScotBus
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2018, 05:30:21 AM »
The complete new bus timetable for The Busway was shared by Simon Norton on Sunday evening.
Original XSLX File is unchanged but the PDF has been made into a more printable/user friendly format. as far as I can! The information is both in this order;
All
Royston
Peterborough
Villages
I will then post the other July timetables that are now online

Cambridge Area Bus Users are tabling a question to Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority's Mayor James Palmer at the Board Meeting on Wednesday 27th June 2018 10:30am — 1:00pm at the Council Chamber Room, The Guildhall, Market Square, Cambridge, CB2 3QJ.

He may be moving towards taking the rôle of buses seriously. See this tweet which received a 'like' from the mayor.

That Richard seems like a lovely guy!  ;) :D
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2018, 05:34:27 AM »

Service Changes July 2018
From 29 July 2018, there will be changes to the following services:
Cambridge - Citi 2, Service 10, 11, 12, 16A, 18, 26.
Huntingdonshire - The Busway

Citi 2 - Changes to departures times throughout the timetable to accommodate extra journey times.

PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO THE NEW CITI 2 TIMETABLE

Service 10 - Renumbered to Service 11 with most buses continuing through from Newmarket to Bury St Edmund's. This reinstates the direct bus from Cambridge. The main change in times are towards Cambridge. Customers will still be able to catch Service 12 between Cambridge and Newmarket where they can connect onto Service 11 for Bury St Edmund's.

PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO THE NEW SERVICE 11+X11 TIMETABLE

Service 11 - Changes to timetable with most buses continuing through to Cambridge. Fast journeys between Bury St Edmund's, Newmarket and Cambridge renumbered X11. The 1635 journey from Cambridge to Bury is withdrawn and replaced by a 1635 Service 12 between Cambridge and Newmarket. Customers can then change buses onto Service 11 for onward connections onto Bury St Edmund's. An additional journey has been added at 1624 from Newmarket to Bury, returning to Newmarket from Bury St Edmund's at 1705. This fills the current gap in the timetable.

PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO THE NEW SERVICE 11+X11 TIMETABLE

Service 12 - Change to timetable. This will give customers more time to make the connection onto Service 11 at Newmarket should they not want to take the direct (but slower) bus on Service 11. The 1720 departure from Cambridge to Ely has been withdrawn, although there is still a journey at 1735.

PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO THE NEW SERVICE 12 TIMETABLE

Service 16A - Slight change to timetable on the inbound Monday to Friday journey. This journey now arrives into Cambridge earlier than it currently does.

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO LINK TO THE NEW SERVICE 16A TIMETABLE

Service 18 - The 0740 Monday to Friday departure will now terminate at Newnham. However, the 0740 (Schools Term) and the 0745 (School Holiday) departures will continue to Cambourne as before.

PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO THE NEW SERVICE 18 TIMETABLE

Service 26 - This service is withdrawn and will be replaced by an extension of the Busway A service. This will serve Trumpington Park & Ride to Addenbrooke's along the guided bus track. Haslingfield and Barrington will no longer be served.

Busway - Changes to the timetable affecting most services to accommodate the addition of journeys to and from Royston on Busway A. Route A buses that currently terminate at RAF Wyton will now terminate at Hill Rise during the day. RAF Wyton will be served by Route B on Peterborough and Huntingdon rail station journeys. Some peak time A buses will continue to serve RAF Wyton.

Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2018, 05:44:00 AM »
One more
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 160
  • -Receive: 177
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2018, 10:27:24 AM »
The two routes leave Newmarket at almost the same time, which is a shame given that not so long ago really it had 4 buses per hour :-(

Re Simon Norton's (otherwise excellent) timetable; there is also a 0729 to KX that doesn't appear in a lot of timetables / journey planners.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 10:31:09 AM by barryb »

Offline Suzy Scott

• Administrator
  • Thank You
    • ScotBus
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2018, 02:46:42 PM »
Re Simon Norton's (otherwise excellent) timetable; there is also a 0729 to KX that doesn't appear in a lot of timetables / journey planners.

lol there are a lot of those!!!
However i've just done one timetable book for all GTR Temp services (Mon-fri) that shall be online in the coming hours/days.
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline chris johnson

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 58
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2018, 09:06:04 PM »
yes i remember of 4 buses an hour to and from Newmarket too 2 buses an hour via all the villages plus once a blue moon for Lode Church and Reach Post Office. once an hour to Ely and Bury St. Edmunds bus station and then 3 buses an hour to Newmarket then now 2 buses an hour whats next one bus to Newmarket and Ely and Bury St. Edmunds bus station who knows. plus i know this time 10 years ago route 10 was a populer route to and from Cambridge and Newmarket with every 30 mins now i say rest in peace route 10 i will remember you.
this photo is a 53 reg Trident what I'm on and its 18058 yes it is Chris johnson

Offline barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 160
  • -Receive: 177
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2018, 10:01:57 PM »
And a town service, and regular buses to Lakenheath / Mildenhall... :-(

There was a time when waiting to find out what timetable changes were seemed most likely to be waiting for good news.  Now when you hear about unknown timetable changes you just hope it won't be too bad!

I hope Royston's busway service is the beginning of a renaissance for them,  though :-)