Author Topic: Dissappearing FEC bus types  (Read 1086 times)

Offline jrdpod

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
Dissappearing FEC bus types
« on: December 03, 2007, 02:19:23 PM »
I'll start off a FEC topic, with a look at some buses that are now vanishing from this fleet.

Re ex Great Yarmouth Transport vehicles, there's now only one left; Dart/EL 46062.

Eastern Counties first Darts, Pointer bodied 46041-4 have now all gone, 46042 being the last in use.
I remember, when new, these being green for the Norwich Harford P&R. They only ever worked in the Norwich, Lowestoft and Yarmouth areas during their careers.

A few months ago, I heard that Ld Olympian 34711 had finally left Kings Lynn (Rowan Road), after having been delicensed there for several months. This was the last ECW bodied bus FEC had in normal use. I wonder where it went; presumably for scrap (unfortunately), unless anybody knows different.

Regards
John Podgorski.

Offline bristolsrus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 254
  • -Receive: 87
Re: Dissappearing FEC bus types
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 04:05:53 PM »
Good topic John,

One type that has now gone is the Wright Handybus bodied Dennis Dart,  can't see anyone regretting the demise of those though !   A type that is on its way out is the Alexander bodied Volvo B6 - L103WYS is the only one left I think.   There isn't that many left of the Plaxton bodied examples either - you know the M--ANG batch based at Ipswich.

Chris

Offline gc_bus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 419
  • -Receive: 37
  • Lovely Leyland Leopards :-)
Re: Dissappearing FEC bus types
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 08:00:14 AM »
Ahhh, bring back the days of Great Yarmouth Corporation Transport (proper 'blue' buses). Nearly all services conductor/driver crew operated and lots of delicious Leyland Atlanteans :-)