Author Topic: Any anecdotal evidence as to how the Royston service is doing?  (Read 646 times)

Offline barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 144
  • -Receive: 129
Any anecdotal evidence as to how the Royston service is doing?
« on: October 11, 2018, 10:01:01 PM »
As the subject says... wondering how this service is doing as it's one of two that I really thought should be started (the other being Cambridge - Station - Addenbrooke's - Babraham - Haverhill).

Any thoughts as to whether it looks like it's doing better than the old Royston service?

I'm hoping it is, because of course the last few months have been probably the best time to compete against trains to Royston that there'll ever be!

Offline barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 144
  • -Receive: 129
Re: Any anecdotal evidence as to how the Royston service is doing?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 09:51:49 PM »
It's over a year since I asked this and the services still run, so I'm guessing the answer is that this is another Busway success story!

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1553
  • -Receive: 211
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
Re: Any anecdotal evidence as to how the Royston service is doing?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 07:24:27 PM »
It's over a year since I asked this and the services still run, so I'm guessing the answer is that this is another Busway success story!

It might be worth consulting some of the local residents’ associations along the route between Trumpington and Royston. I’ll try to look into this and give you some links.
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.