Author Topic: C G Myall  (Read 389 times)

Offline John Wakefield

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 39
C G Myall
« on: November 27, 2018, 02:25:13 PM »
Myalls Mercedes-Benz O814D Plaxton Cheetah C33F YN05 UUW seen dropping a passenger off at Whittlesford on 27th November whilst working the return 101 Tuesday only market day service from Saffron Walden

Offline cesar

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 18
Re: C G Myall
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 11:25:55 PM »
Myalls Mercedes-Benz O814D Plaxton Cheetah C33F YN05 UUW seen dropping a passenger off at Whittlesford on 27th November whilst working the return 101 Tuesday only market day service from Saffron Walden

Hmmm. 2005 and non-PSVAR. Not legal on a local bus service.....

Offline John Wakefield

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 09:03:41 AM »
Maybe so, but the 20 plus passengers (all pensioners) were not complaining, it was warm and comfortable, with friendly driver who as photo shows helped passengers with their shopping, trolleys being carried in the boot.
non-PSVAR Bureaucracy gone mad. Myall's are one of the few small independents taking on these 'life line' market day services. Many of the passengers were from Whittlesford who now have no other bus service to Saffron Walden, and also as it goes through to Tesco's in Radwinter Road it attracts passengers from other villages on route Duxford and Ickleton. Which although served more frequently by Stagecoach 7 that service terminates in Saffron Walden High Street.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 09:05:38 AM by John Wakefield »

Offline cesar

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 10:12:46 AM »
Maybe so, but the 20 plus passengers (all pensioners) were not complaining, it was warm and comfortable, with friendly driver who as photo shows helped passengers with their shopping, trolleys being carried in the boot.
non-PSVAR Bureaucracy gone mad. Myall's are one of the few small independents taking on these 'life line' market day services. Many of the passengers were from Whittlesford who now have no other bus service to Saffron Walden, and also as it goes through to Tesco's in Radwinter Road it attracts passengers from other villages on route Duxford and Ickleton. Which although served more frequently by Stagecoach 7 that service terminates in Saffron Walden High Street.

I do tend to agree with much of what you say. However the law is the law. Either everyone has to abide by it, or they don't - in which case all operators can wheel out their trusty Olympians......

Offline John Wakefield

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 10:37:22 AM »
Yes bloody stupid 'EU based' legislation as a result of the disabled lobby. Like a lot of other bus users, they campaign for a change in the rules but dont use the buses. Choose to continue to use their government funded adapted car and Blue badge.
Just look how many wheel chair accessible buses are running around with no wheelchair passengers on board, and in any case they only have room for one.
I hope as a result of your comment that Myall's dont get a visit from the 'ministry man'

« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 06:23:21 PM by John Wakefield »

Offline alan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 12:04:16 PM »
The Authorities will be trying to stop the publics enjoyment of riding on preserved buses next claiming that such vehicles are not DDA compliant. I hope they are told to **** off!

Offline skyLink

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 05:20:21 PM »
Nothing wrong with using a coach on a service. im also sure they are allowed to up to 12 or 22 days a year to use a no psvar bus. 
Kind regards
MR S

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 28
    • My Flickr Page!
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 07:14:00 PM »
Yes bloody stupid 'EU based' legislation as a result of the disabled lobby. Like a lot of other bus users, they campaign for a change in the rules but dont use the buses. Choose to continue to use their government funded adapted car and Blue badge.
Just look how many wheel chair accessible buses are running around with no wheelchair passengers on board, and in any case they only have room for one.
I hope as a result of your comment that Myall's dont get a visit from the 'ministry man'

This is the sort of bigoted comment i'd expect to see in the MailOnline comments section.

'they campaign for a change in the rules, but don't use the buses' - Rubbish, I have seen wheelchair users using public buses on many occasions. Admittedly not very often, but it does happen. And not every wheelchair user can actually drive a car, for very obvious reasons. I get the feeling you would only be happy if every single bus carried a wheelchair user.

It is not just wheelchair users who benefit from low-floor buses. Some elderly people find it much easier using buses now, and there are many non-wheelchair using disabled people, such as those with MS or muscular dystrophy, who were previously not confident using public buses because of the steps (I have plenty of anecdotal evidence for this, as I know many disabled people).

I would hardly call this legislation 'bloody stupid'. I agree it is not perfect, and maybe there has not been enough help for independent operators in funding for new low-floor vehicles, but overall it is very beneficial legislation.

Don't worry though John, this country will probably be less friendly towards disabled people after this coming March.....

Offline John Wakefield

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 07:56:50 PM »
Sorry to have offended you 'alex397' ok I may have put it a bit strong, yes the disabled of course have a right to ride, but horses for courses. I am sure that if a disabled passenger wanted to travel on the 101 Myall's driver would have been only too willing to put their wheelchair in the boot and help them aboard. On this type of service most of the passengers are regulars and should a disabled person be a regular traveler I am sure Myall's would put on an appropriate vehicle. All about common sense really. As stated in my previous post, all the passengers were elderly pensioners, but I did not here anyone complaining about the steps.

Online Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 515
    • Company website
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 05:42:57 PM »

A new home, new connection, but the same problems posting!

Thread locked BUT if operators cannot be bothered reading both local bus registration and PSVDAR/DDA legislation, why do they bother tendering for services in the first place? No-one is above the law, and I always ensured what we had was within the law, including short notice applications etc. where we had to make a change for unforeseen circumstances.