Author Topic: The Company and Enthusiasts  (Read 2623 times)

Offline DGH

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 93
The Company and Enthusiasts
« on: June 22, 2012, 08:54:12 PM »
As a company Whippet Coaches welcomes enthusiasts to it's premisis although we do prefer to have some notice of your intended visit. It is best to visit during the week as the yard is generally locked on a Sunday and often only staffed on a Saturday morning. If you wish to visit then please feel free to send me a PM and I will try my best to accomodate your needs.

I say that as this week we had an enthusiast outside the premisis who was 'leaping out' from between parked cars on the access road to take a quick picture of arriving vehicles before shooting back in before he was run over. Several drivers reported this and I went outside to try and find the person involved and invite him into the yard were he could take as many pictures as he liked in relative safety, unfortunately I couldn't find him as he had already left or was hiding fearing I was perhaps going to be less than impressed with him (which I was but I prefer solutions rather than agrivation). We would much rather enthusiasts enjoyed their hobby in a safe and controlled manner than putting themselves and others at risk.

Online samw

• Forum Technical Support
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 46
    • Flickr
Re: The Company and Enthusiasts
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 09:10:12 PM »
Have stickied this for future reference for members so it doesn't get lost
Sam Wickham
Forum Technical Support

Offline Suzy Scott

• Suzy, Nuisance of the Coach Park
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 65
  • -Receive: 527
    • ScotBus
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 07:53:44 PM »
Can I just say - without sounding petty - that it might be an idea to place this on your website too? I spotted a few hanging around Drummer St on Sat (while out with C) and I didn't recognise them for the life of me - although they could be new in town - I suspect these could have been your well dressed men. At the moment, the entry of the FAQ on the website sounds more discouraging IMHO, and may be why non-locals would choose to hang around outside. Perhaps something like adding the bits of what you said might be an idea...

http://www.go-whippet.co.uk/faq.php?faqid=18
Where can I take photos of your buses?
We would suggest that you visit the bus stations in St Ives, Cambridge or Huntingdon where you can see a significant section of our fleet - the majority of our buses are out of the yard during the working day.

...oh, and while you are at it - if you are short of a 196 timetable for the web, I can scan you mine  ;D
Suzy Scott
Dundee, Scotland, UK
Forum Administrator (and founder) of A&TVBF and DABF

Find all my current and recent photos at ScotBus online! Update Pending

Offline DGH

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 93
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 11:01:28 PM »
I think that statement is correct, most of the fleet is out of the yard during the day, we only have one dedicated school bus these days.

Its kind of a fine balance, while we welcome enthusiasts that arrange to turn up, we don't want to be over run either, the staff that will need to supervise will have to spend time away from doing the job that they are being paid to do.

I'm offering a branch of friendship to enthusiasts, lets not try and break it.

P.S. Don't get me started on the website.....