Author Topic: Stagecoach in Long Sutton & Wisbech happenings 2019  (Read 15870 times)

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 250
Re: Stagecoach in Long Sutton & Wisbech happenings 2019
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2019, 08:44:22 AM »
The legals will be changed, buses will most likely be serviced at the closest Stagecoach East Midlands depot and all of our buses at the depot at the moment will most likely be transferred to Peterbourgh our whilst the London Sutton depot receives its new fleet from Stagecoach East Midlands. :) - Can’t confirm this but it would make sense for them to do this. You should be able to buy the Cambridgeshire day rider from your phone still. Think you can buy any ticket if you change your location on the Stagecoach Bus App. Please correct me if I’m wrong with any of this.

But would the Cambridgeshire Megarider be valid on the 505, what I am asking is if Inwas to travel from Sutton Bridge to Peterborough can I buy one megarider like I do now or will I buy a east midlands one to Spalding then a Cambridgeshire one from Spalding to Peterborough

In terms of the buses I would imagine the existing fleet of 14 will be transfered to Lincoln, they are all old buses in the fleet and Peterborough wouldnt have any use for them whilst Lincoln will be short of 14
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 08:53:43 AM by Coast_Hopper »

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2019, 08:51:48 AM »
I can't see that this advert would attract many people.  Are they suggesting that they would pay £8.21 for 13 months and then £? thereafter.  £8.21 must be at or near minimum wage.  I have a friend who joined Stagecoach in Cambridge in May and I am pretty certain that his pay went up as soon as he went out on his own.

Also the free travel concession is not very clear.  Does it apply to all UK Stagecoach buses (I always thought it did) and its value depends on how much you use it. Giving the travel concession a value like that invites HMRC to tax it at that rate!

I have an NX travel pass and no value has ever been put on that.

As you will be able to travel whenever you want they have compared it to what a paying customer would pay to do the same, its to make the job more attractive, noticed they have put the higher amount on there of £30 per week for the megarider, sure the monthly option by direct debit from uour account will be under £3000,

One interesting paragraph is the 13 month training, it suggests that the apprentice will be training for 13 months fully paid at minimum wage before he goes out on his own

Offline Norfolk_Green_SCE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2019, 10:46:21 PM »
As you will be able to travel whenever you want they have compared it to what a paying customer would pay to do the same, its to make the job more attractive, noticed they have put the higher amount on there of £30 per week for the megarider, sure the monthly option by direct debit from uour account will be under £3000,

One interesting paragraph is the 13 month training, it suggests that the apprentice will be training for 13 months fully paid at minimum wage before he goes out on his own

You should be fine just buying the one megarider as I think that mega riders cover an area not an operator so you should be ok but I cannot confirm.
Thanks!

Have a good day!

• Thank You
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2019, 10:48:48 PM »
You should be fine just buying the one megarider as I think that mega riders cover an area not an operator so you should be ok but I cannot confirm.

Sorry, quotes the wrong snippet there. Was meant to quote the text above it the mega rider.
Thanks!

Have a good day!

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2019, 07:47:00 AM »

There is a East Midlands day out that costs £9.30 but doesnt cover Peterborough or a Lincoln Say Rider Plus at £6.20 which doesnt either

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2019, 10:46:22 AM »
Been told today 2 different stories, one being the Long Sutton buses will be maintained at Long Sutton ie hinted there will be a workshop facilities on Long Sutton site (probably not 100% accurate as what they mean is the buses will be maintained at Charlies) the other being the buses will be travelling and changed between Skegness depot

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2019, 05:31:53 PM »
Heard on the grapevine 6 of the Long Sutton fleet will be scrapped next week

Includes the 2 darts, one Enviro 400 and 3 ALX400s  (18416 and 18418) not sure of the 3rd one

They will be replaced with 12 plate buses from Skegness and a few of them will be in a different livery to the corporate colours

We could see some of the Scania buses that have been transfered from Oxford
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 06:40:54 PM by Coast_Hopper »

• Thank You
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2019, 08:57:12 PM »
Heard on the grapevine 6 of the Long Sutton fleet will be scrapped next week

Includes the 2 darts, one Enviro 400 and 3 ALX400s  (18416 and 18418) not sure of the 3rd one

They will be replaced with 12 plate buses from Skegness and a few of them will be in a different livery to the corporate colours

We could see some of the Scania buses that have been transfered from Oxford

can't understand why they would scrap this part of the fleet instead of selling it on to ensign especially the e400. The liverys will probably be corporate colours and ic (interconnect) liverys on the new buses.
Thanks!

Have a good day!

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2019, 10:55:30 PM »
can't understand why they would scrap this part of the fleet instead of selling it on to ensign especially the e400. The liverys will probably be corporate colours and ic (interconnect) liverys on the new buses.

More than likely they will go to Ensign then sold on for scrap after that, apparently the bosses at Skegness asked all the drivers if there was half a dozen out the fleet that was knackered which ones and those are the ones they "voted" for

The E400 will be one of the ex Manchester 56 plates

Your probably correct it will be the IC varient and been told there is at least 2 of them coming Sunday

• Thank You
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2019, 09:18:46 AM »
Oh yeah them ex Manchester e400s are horrible. Trident 2’s
Thanks!

Have a good day!

Online TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2094
  • -Receive: 236
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2019, 02:52:10 PM »
I know some of you Forum members have a Twitter presence.

For those who don't or have missed this tweet from Stagecoach East here's what they posted.

Quote from: @Stagecoach_East
#505 From Sunday 27 October, the 505 Service between #KingsLynn, #LongSutton, #Holbeach and #Spalding will be permanently operated by our neighbours @StagecoachEMid Download the new timetable and get the latest news on the 505 service here.

TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

• Thank You
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2019, 03:29:09 PM »
I know some of you Forum members have a Twitter presence.

For those who don't or have missed this tweet from Stagecoach East here's what they posted.

Interesting. Wonder what’s happening with the vehicle situation. New buses or not?
Thanks!

Have a good day!

Online TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2094
  • -Receive: 236
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2019, 03:46:10 PM »
And will Gayle Windybottom be using the service?
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Offline linkyyork

• Thank You
  • -Given: 72
  • -Receive: 157
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2019, 05:15:08 PM »
Interesting. Wonder what’s happening with the vehicle situation. New buses or not?

That takes care of the 505 but what about the other routes operated from Long Sutton

Offline skyLink

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2019, 06:49:34 PM »
Looking at the bigger picture are they taking long Sutton under East Midlands to start getting tendered service around Spalding and Boston. ??
Kind regards
MR S

• Thank You
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2019, 06:55:32 PM »
Looking at the bigger picture are they taking long Sutton under East Midlands to start getting tendered service around Spalding and Boston. ??

Not sure as Brylaine operate quite a few services in the area.
Thanks!

Have a good day!

Offline Tony

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 42
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2019, 05:41:09 PM »
Only one bus showing on the tracker today on the 505 route, i'm sure there is more but only 28613 can be tracked....

• Thank You
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2019, 07:41:32 PM »
Only one bus showing on the tracker today on the 505 route, i'm sure there is more but only 28613 can be tracked....

How are you seeing which bus is on the route?
Thanks!

Have a good day!

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2019, 09:20:09 PM »
Not sure as Brylaine operate quite a few services in the area.

Yes Brylaine do operate some services but most are council contracts but I dont think they generate enough money for Stagecoach to be interested in with bus pass users making most of the passengers

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2019, 09:27:25 PM »
More twists to this Long Sutton operation moving to Skegness one bus tracking site is suggesting roure 37 Peterborough to Spalding is Interconnect, this will need to be investigated further and confirmed

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2019, 09:41:35 PM »
18416, 18418, 18348 and 19017 was shunted around the Long Sutton yard which could confirm the withdrawal from service as now placed together put of the way

Whilst 19068 went out today it got as far as Whaplode then went back to the yard at Long Sutton out of service on the main road (quickest route)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 11:31:24 PM by Coast_Hopper »

Offline linkyyork

• Thank You
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2019, 10:24:32 PM »
Yes Brylaine do operate some services but most are council contracts but I dont think they generate enough money for Stagecoach to be interested in with bus pass users making most of the passengers

The Lincs CC subsidised list shows only one journey supported on the main B13 Spalding - Boston route

Offline linkyyork

• Thank You
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2019, 10:31:29 PM »
More twists to this Long Sutton operation moving to Skegness one bus tracking site is suggesting roure 37 Peterborough to Spalding is Interconnect, this will need to be investigated further and confirmed

Route 505 and 37 have always been part of the InterConnect network but have never had the InterConnect livery
Not sure if it is shown on the bus stop flags.

It was always said changing the 505 to InterConnect was the reason why Fowlers pulled off the route as they did not want intereference with their profitable route - having to have low floor buses etc.

Interesting to see the new 505 timetable is shown as InterConnect 505

THe InterConnect route map shown is from a 2011 timetable
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 10:49:26 PM by linkyyork »

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2019, 11:30:25 PM »
The Lincs CC subsidised list shows only one journey supported on the main B13 Spalding - Boston route

Thanks for this as I always thought alot if their work was contracted as they visit some of the most obscure of places like Gypsy Bridge

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2019, 08:40:54 AM »
Dart 34426 has now reached Skegness and is now in service there with a trip to Chapel St Leonards this morning

15808 FX12 BAV in IC livery is out on the 505 at 10am also 15811 in IC livery FX12 BBV
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 10:11:43 AM by Coast_Hopper »

Offline linkyyork

• Thank You
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2019, 10:21:03 PM »
Thanks for this as I always thought alot if their work was contracted as they visit some of the most obscure of places like Gypsy Bridge

Thanks, I was only thinking about the route Stagecoach might be interested in.

Also been over part of the 37 route today and some bus stop flags had the InterConnect logo on them

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2019, 12:04:43 AM »
Thanks, I was only thinking about the route Stagecoach might be interested in.

Also been over part of the 37 route today and some bus stop flags had the InterConnect logo on them

I think Brylaine have some school contracts that Stagecoach might be interested in as well, however I doubt the authorities will allow Stagecoach to go head to head with Brylaine on the Spalding to Boston route

Offline Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2019, 10:03:56 AM »
In the 505 now and its one of the IC livery Enviro 400s, there was another passed us going the other way, the buses still have Go West legals on them with the Skegness address

Was sold a Cambridgeshire Dayrider but was told they are sorting that out

Offline linkyyork

• Thank You
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2019, 10:33:29 AM »
I think Brylaine have some school contracts that Stagecoach might be interested in as well, however I doubt the authorities will allow Stagecoach to go head to head with Brylaine on the Spalding to Boston route

That would be an ideal situation, but deregulation means a bus company can register and run what it wants commercially

Offline linkyyork

• Thank You
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2019, 10:35:59 AM »
In the 505 now and its one of the IC livery Enviro 400s, there was another passed us going the other way, the buses still have Go West legals on them with the Skegness address

Was sold a Cambridgeshire Dayrider but was told they are sorting that out

That is different as all other East Midland vehicles have the Lincoln address