Author Topic: Re: Stagecoach CAMBRIDGESHIRE happenings 2019  (Read 5711 times)

Offline HughT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 28
Re: Stagecoach CAMBRIDGESHIRE happenings 2019
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2019, 01:24:28 PM »
Although I don't think there was anything in TCD813's reply of which I wasn't aware, thanks anyway for the information.

The problem here definitely lies within Stagecoach, but I was trying to see if anyone with greater knowledge of signing on procedures, or the onboard IT, or other Stagecoach-related stuff, might be able to identify the source of the problem. The data Stagecoach is pumping out for at least some of the runs operated by the vehicles in my earlier message (and possibly other vehicles, but definitely NOT all runs operated by these buses) is for Peterborough routes 5 and 6. When that's the case, there's no real-time data available, and the displays (and the apps) revert to "scheduled" times.

Personally, I use either the Traveline app or the UK Bus Checker. At home, with laptop to hand, I use SmartCambridge web stuff, either the Bus Map, or my own implementation of their SmartPanel (which I would highly recommend).

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1068
  • -Receive: 177
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2019, 05:19:27 PM »
I'm hoping there's someone on this Forum with the relevant background to explain what's going on here...

In the past 24 hours, I've observed 5 Fenstanston vehicles - 10052/3/4 and 19693/4 - running around with Peterborough services 5 and 6 data rather than Cambridge Citi 5 and 6. There are at least 3 out there on the road as I type this. What I mean is that the data they transmit  - and which is used for real-time tracking/display purposes - says that they're on Pboro trips rather than Cambridge ones. As a consequence there's no real-time data available for the trips they're actually operating.

Is this simply "driver error" - for example, a driver selecting the wrong 5 and 6 journeys off a menu display? Or do these vehicles not even have the Cambridge trips in their computers? Given the vehicle numbers above, could this be related to a transfer/relocation of Peterborough vehicles to Fenstanton? And, finally, how the **** does one get this corrected? Whilst I can "see" the services operating on a map, it's a right pain not to have the real-time showing up in apps (timekeeping on the 5, in particular, has been especially poor in recent weeks).

Thanks.
The local RTPI system, run by contractors, Vix Technology, supplies bus time information for a consortium of local authorities – Cambridgeshire County Council, Bedford Borough Council, Central Bedfordshire Council, Luton Borough Council, Northamptonshire County Council and Peterborough City Council. It is dependent upon information supplied from private bus operators, the largest of which, hereabouts, is Stagecoach East.

Take a look at this update on the Cambridge Area Bus Users website.

Incidentally, which app are you using? The one linked to Vix is 'MyBusTrip' available on Google Play and the Apple App Store.
Although I don't think there was anything in TCD813's reply of which I wasn't aware, thanks anyway for the information.

The problem here definitely lies within Stagecoach, but I was trying to see if anyone with greater knowledge of signing on procedures, or the onboard IT, or other Stagecoach-related stuff, might be able to identify the source of the problem. The data Stagecoach is pumping out for at least some of the runs operated by the vehicles in my earlier message (and possibly other vehicles, but definitely NOT all runs operated by these buses) is for Peterborough routes 5 and 6. When that's the case, there's no real-time data available, and the displays (and the apps) revert to "scheduled" times.

Personally, I use either the Traveline app or the UK Bus Checker. At home, with laptop to hand, I use SmartCambridge web stuff, either the Bus Map, or my own implementation of their SmartPanel (which I would highly recommend).

Stagecoach East's MD, Michelle Hargreaves, has tweeted:
Quote from: @tezshell
I’ll chase where we are with VIX’s Monday

In response, Cambridge Area Bus Users has alerted Michelle to your observation about the Peterborough/Cambridge mix-up.

Cambridge City Cllr Mike Sargeant, has been pursuing defective RTPI for some considerable time, with Vix, with Stagecoach and with the Cambridgeshire County Council RTPI team.
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Online Coast_Hopper

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2019, 09:52:35 PM »
Stagecoach East's MD, Michelle Hargreaves, has tweeted:
In response, Cambridge Area Bus Users has alerted Michelle to your observation about the Peterborough/Cambridge mix-up.

Cambridge City Cllr Mike Sargeant, has been pursuing defective RTPI for some considerable time, with Vix, with Stagecoach and with the Cambridgeshire County Council RTPI team.

These are ex Norfolk Green deckers so would have Peterborough details

Offline skyLink

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2019, 10:45:19 PM »
Hopefully 10055 will now show it's the only one not online at mo.
Kind regards
MR S

Offline Tony

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 31
« Reply #94 on: Yesterday at 12:07:27 AM »
The ex west scanias don't even show at all.......