Author Topic: Re: Stagecoach CAMBRIDGESHIRE happenings 2019  (Read 25827 times)

Offline Habbinman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 91
  • -Receive: 413
Re: Stagecoach CAMBRIDGESHIRE happenings 2019
« Reply #270 on: November 22, 2019, 04:37:24 PM »
Does anyone know when the new deckers for the Busway are due?  I seem to remember there was talk about October but I can't find the relevant post.
  The last of the batch (of 12) are in the process of being bodied now at Falkirk. In fact, the first one, 13901, has been reported as being at the Millbrook Vehicle Proving Ground, Bedfordshire, undergoing some testing. They are provisionally due to enter service for early December.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 03:01:16 PM by Habbinman »

Offline skyLink

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 70
« Reply #271 on: November 27, 2019, 02:41:26 PM »
Nice booked working to keep a eye on.

The 0732 Citi 7 from Cambridge to Sawston is worked by a fens bus today being 15202.
Kind regards
MR S

Offline Spoddendale

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 198
  • -Receive: 382
« Reply #272 on: December 04, 2019, 08:52:54 AM »
Notices and Proceedings number 2404 dated 4 December 2019 contains the following applications:

Section 3.3 – Applications to Vary Existing Services

PF0000459/36 CAMBUS LIMITED, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN Operating between Cambridge and Oakington given service number 6 / 6 effective from 05 January 2020. To amend Timetable.

PF0000459/54 CAMBUS LIMITED, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN Operating between Cambridge and Cambourne given service number 4 / 4 effective from 05 January 2020. To amend Route and Timetable.

PF0000459/128 CAMBUS LIMITED, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN Operating between Cambridge and Chatteris given service number 8 / 8 effective from 05 January 2020. To amend Timetable.

PF0000459/215 CAMBUS LIMITED, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN Operating between Cambridge City Centre and Newmarket Road park&ride given service number PR2 / PR2 effective from 26 January 2020. To amend Route and Timetable.

PF0000459/133 CAMBUS LIMITED, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN Operating between Cambridge and Longstowe given service number 18 / 18 effective from 05 January 2020. To amend Timetable.

PF0000459/188 CAMBUS LIMITED, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN Operating between Cambridge and Fenstanton given service number 5 / 5 / 5C / 5A effective from 05 January 2020. To amend Route and Timetable.

PF0000459/40 CAMBUS LIMITED, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN Operating between Saffron Walden and Cambridge given service number 7 / 7 effective from 05 January 2020. To amend Timetable.

Section 3.5 – Cancellations of Existing Services

PF0000459/181 CAMBUS LIMITED, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN Operating between Longstanton and Swavesey given service number 91_95 / 96 effective from 05 January 2020.

David
My photos may be seen at
http://www.ipernity.com/home/davidslater-spoddendale

The site includes:

My 1960s/1970s snapshots taken when I worked at Yelloway:
http://www.ipernity.com/doc/davidslater-spoddendale/album/690101

Offline chris johnson

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #273 on: December 04, 2019, 09:44:32 AM »
There are on the website yesterday for bus changes
this photo is a 53 reg Trident what I'm on and its 18058 yes it is Chris johnson

Online TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1650
  • -Receive: 219
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
« Reply #274 on: December 04, 2019, 09:49:04 AM »
There are on the website yesterday for bus changes.

Which website, Chris?

Ah, found it here on the Stagecoach website: Service Changes January 2020.

No mention of Newmarket Road P&R (PR2) from 26 January 2020. To amend Route and Timetable...

Edit: add link.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 03:58:18 PM by TCD813 »
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Offline HughT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 65
« Reply #275 on: December 04, 2019, 06:28:16 PM »
No wonder it wasn't easy to find. Buried under SC East "Regional promos and offers". I wonder which it is, a promo, or an offer to Willingham/Over/Swavesey residents of considerably increased journey times. Less an offer than a guaranteed cert...

Offline barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 148
  • -Receive: 138
« Reply #276 on: December 04, 2019, 07:17:19 PM »
No wonder it wasn't easy to find. Buried under SC East "Regional promos and offers". I wonder which it is, a promo, or an offer to Willingham/Over/Swavesey residents of considerably increased journey times. Less an offer than a guaranteed cert...

That's awful!

If they were going to make it a connection couldn't they have made it a connection from the busway, and then they could have said it would leave as soon as the first [insert letter] leaving [location] after [time] arrived? Less waiting in the cold etc...

I take it a new home of the ex Ashford mini buses has just revealed itself?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 07:23:18 PM by barryb »

Online TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
« Reply #277 on: December 05, 2019, 10:15:33 AM »
That's awful!

If they were going to make it a connection couldn't they have made it a connection from the busway, and then they could have said it would leave as soon as the first [insert letter] leaving [location] after [time] arrived? Less waiting in the cold etc...

I take it a new home of the ex Ashford mini buses has just revealed itself?

Good point. 5A/5C both serve Longstanton P&R on outward and inward journeys.

Quote from: Stagecoach website
Citi 5A - This service will operate from Bar Hill to Longstanton Park & Ride before travelling (in an anti-clockwise direction) to Willingham, Over and Swavesey before returning to Longstanton Park & Ride and Bar Hill.

Citi 5C - This service will operate from Bar Hill to Longstanton Park & Ride before travelling (in a clockwise direction) to Swavesey, Over and Willingham before returning to Longstanton Park & Ride and Bar Hill.

Both of these journeys (5A and 5C)will require changing buses at Bar Hill for journeys to/from Cambridge City Centre.

It would be better to promote it as a new, more reliable service (because not affected by delays to service 5 through the A14 roadworks) linking the villages to the busway.

I doubt this will be a home for the 17-seat ex-Ashford Mercedes Sprinters, not least because the services will be run by one single vehicle which departs from Drummer Street at 07:15/07:20 and makes its final journey on the 5C route (albeit as a 5) back to Drummer Street arriving 18:30 before running out to Fenstanton.
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.

Offline chris johnson

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #278 on: December 05, 2019, 12:19:43 PM »
Stagecoach Cambridge website tcd813 nothing about pr2
this photo is a 53 reg Trident what I'm on and its 18058 yes it is Chris johnson

Online TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
« Reply #279 on: December 05, 2019, 01:53:09 PM »
Stagecoach Cambridge website tcd813 nothing about pr2

I’m intrigued as to the route change for P&R2.

Offline Julia_Hayward

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 99
« Reply #280 on: December 05, 2019, 05:48:39 PM »
Hasn't it already changed recently? I thought it was Newmarket Road - Maids Causeway - Emmanuel Street - Regent Street - Parkside - East Road (Grafton Centre) - Newmarket Road, but recently have seen it going to the Grafton Centre in both directions. Must be wasteful of time trying to turn right out of the Grafton Centre on the inbound journeys?

Online TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
« Reply #281 on: December 05, 2019, 07:10:31 PM »
Hasn't it already changed recently? I thought it was Newmarket Road - Maids Causeway - Emmanuel Street - Regent Street - Parkside - East Road (Grafton Centre) - Newmarket Road, but recently have seen it going to the Grafton Centre in both directions. Must be wasteful of time trying to turn right out of the Grafton Centre on the inbound journeys?

Some of the morning peak journeys have always continued on the single carriageway section of Newmarket Road and Maids’ Causeway, Rather than East Road.

Maybe this will be the route throughout the day, inbound, with only the outbound route serving the Grafton Centre, very much as P&R Milton does.

The – rather rubbishy – Grafton Centre Bus Station is set to be swept away for a new hotels development, in any case.

Offline Habbinman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 91
  • -Receive: 413
« Reply #282 on: December 06, 2019, 01:10:22 PM »
Some of the morning peak journeys have always continued on the single carriageway section of Newmarket Road and Maids’ Causeway, Rather than East Road.

Maybe this will be the route throughout the day, inbound, with only the outbound route serving the Grafton Centre, very much as P&R Milton does.

The – rather rubbishy – Grafton Centre Bus Station is set to be swept away for a new hotels development, in any case.
Quite agree with you there. Like you, I've always regarded the Grafton Centre "Bus Station" as rubbishy, especially for being built in a tight circular manner. When the dual-door deckers were on the P & R services, because of the curvature, you couldn't get the rear door anywhere near the kerb !! Thus making it a severe problem for passengers to leave the bus, especially those with walking difficulties !!

As mentioned by Julia, turning right out of the Grafton was an absolute nightmare, at peak times & with nobody giving way to you, except other buses ! It was also guaranteed to lose you running time, having to wait an exit chance ! Then there was the problem of taxis & delivery vehicles parked in there, making manoeuvring quite difficult past the roundabout wall, on the inside !

It would have been better to have had a Bus Stop Layby, for at least 3 buses, on the Grafton side of East Road, for Outbound services. Inbound services then using Newmarket Rd/Napier Street junction.

Online TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
« Reply #283 on: December 06, 2019, 06:00:22 PM »

Quite agree with you there. Like you, I've always regarded the Grafton Centre "Bus Station" as rubbishy, especially for being built in a tight circular manner. When the dual-door deckers were on the P & R services, because of the curvature, you couldn't get the rear door anywhere near the kerb !! Thus making it a severe problem for passengers to leave the bus, especially those with walking difficulties !!

As mentioned by Julia, turning right out of the Grafton was an absolute nightmare, at peak times & with nobody giving way to you, except other buses ! It was also guaranteed to lose you running time, having to wait an exit chance ! Then there was the problem of taxis & delivery vehicles parked in there, making manoeuvring quite difficult past the roundabout wall, on the inside !

It would have been better to have had a Bus Stop Layby, for at least 3 buses, on the Grafton side of East Road, for Outbound services. Inbound services then using Newmarket Rd/Napier Street junction.

Spot on. I've often thought that bus bays on East Road (Northbound) would have avoided the time penalty on pulling in and out for one direction. There has been a proposal to re-purpose part of Sun Street (adjacent to Newmarket Road) from a car park to a bus station. Street view image.

I'm afraid, however, that I cannot find the documentation on this proposal.

Offline Julia_Hayward

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 99
« Reply #284 on: December 07, 2019, 11:52:56 AM »
There doesn't look like enough space in Sun Street, plus it's not actually that near anywhere where people might want to go.

I hope that when the Grafton Centre pull-in closes, that East Road between the Grafton car park entrance and ARU gets singled to cars, freeing up plenty of space for buses in both directions. Why was it ever dualled when the bit from ARU to Parkside was always going to be a bottleneck? Presumably they hoped to bulldoze their way through Zion Baptist...