Author Topic: Birmingham  (Read 1086 times)

Offline busman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 166
    • The Wakefield Files
Birmingham
« on: November 11, 2007, 09:26:51 AM »
Had a day up in Birmingham yesterday. First time I have been there for well over 30 years at a guess. I was surprised at how many buses were to be seen. In some streets it looked like wall to wall buses as far as the eye can see.
I was also surprised at how many Metrobuses were still being worked by TWM.
A small taster for you.

Never ask a dustman to talk shop.
He will only talk a load of rubbish!

Offline cheese2437

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 10:09:33 PM »
Only Mk2s left in Brum, don't think any of these were Rolls Royce engined though - around 20 or 30 Mk1s at WMPTE were Rolls Royce engined although they went ages ago.

I do like your first pic though, the 6 should not be going to 'Damsonwood', 'Solihull Station' would be rather more appropriate!

Something around 240 Metrobuses still knocking about the West Midlands, one wonders for how much longer....

Cheese

jdtaylor

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 04:26:11 PM »
I do believe more and more are getting replaced with low floor vehicles, but there is a very large number of Metorbuses operating I think in Coventry as well, but they should be on their way out to.

Offline cheese2437

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 10:02:40 PM »
Think there are about 22 left in Coventry now and these are being replaced by Merc 0405Ns which have been displaced by brand new Scania OmniLinks.  Think Walsall has the biggest fleet now with just over 40 although the combined Birmingham garages still have plenty...

Cheese
<In Brum but with interests in buses across the UK.....>