Author Topic: December 2019 timetables  (Read 248 times)

Offline barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 138
  • -Receive: 119
December 2019 timetables
« on: August 09, 2019, 11:06:31 PM »
Some December 2019 timetable data is starting to appear (to be taken with a pinch of salt, obviously)

One possible change that appears to be on the way is that it looks like Cambridge North is losing the KX slow and gaining the Liverpool St semi fast, meaning that Cambridge North loses a lot of direct commuter links and will have less rush hour trains.

If the data is complete, it also looks like the Norwich - Stansted service may be a bit of a disappointment!

https://live-departures.info/rail/timetable-comparison/?q=CMB&s=mf&v=d
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 11:51:59 PM by barryb »

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 532
  • -Receive: 90
Re: December 2019 timetables
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 11:04:19 AM »
I think I saw a suggestion in one of the GA quotes that this is the introductory service.

On the hand,  GA has form for introducing services which look good but are almost completely useless.

Offline barryb

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 01:23:43 PM »
The Cambridge North situation is worse than I'd realised.  There's no Greater Anglia services from the villages arriving before 9am!

And if you say that maybe they're missing the opportunity of attracting people commuting to it by forgetting that the Science park is a huge employment site and only thinking of people going the other way... Return departures from London are half hourly during the day until 4pm, then a gap of over 90m, then hourly.

It's a service that would only make sense if Cambridge North was just a leisure destination, which I'm pretty surely it's not.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 09:20:37 PM by barryb »

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1342
  • -Receive: 202
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 08:13:10 PM »
The Cambridge North situation is worse than I'd realised.  There's no Greater Anglua services from the villages arriving before 9am!

And if you say that maybe they're missing the opportunity of attracting people commuting to it by forgetting that the Science park is a huge employment site and only thinking of people going the other way... Return departures from London are half hourly during the day until 4pm, then a gap of over 90m, then hourly.

It's a service that would only make sense if Cambridge North was just a leisure destination, which I'm pretty surely it's not.

I’ve been on local radio a number of times castigating the design and service levels from the station.
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Offline barryb

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 09:23:26 PM »
I’ve been on local radio a number of times castigating the design and service levels from the station.

It was already bad (and so much worse than what we'd been promised...).  I'd not anticipated them making it worse :-(

The thing that's *even* worse is that GA are so unreliable at the station; the Norwich services haven't been the best for a few years and their London services turn round short at Cambridge at the slightest whiff of a problem.