Author Topic: Chowns mill outstation to Close ?  (Read 994 times)

Offline a.williams

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 14
Chowns mill outstation to Close ?
« on: August 25, 2019, 03:05:54 PM »
  Read on another Website that Stagecoach Midlands are planning to close the Chowns mill outsation
  ive heard this rumour for over a year now, some sources saying Buses to transfer to Kettering, others saying to New Outstation at Raunds
                                            Does anyone know what is actually going to happen ?

Offline John

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 15
Re: Chowns mill outstation to Close ?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 08:07:39 AM »
Would there be enough room at Kettering?

The Chowns Mill roundabout is heavily congested and this could be the issue.

Offline a.williams

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 06:43:15 PM »
  Now heard that the chowns mill outstation will close at the end of November this year with buses and drivers relocating to Northampton
                                           at present 5 buses park overnight at Chowns mill , early next day 2 start from Higham ferrers, 1 from Chowns mill and 2 from Raunds on X46/47's to Northampton

Offline a.williams

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 05:40:27 PM »
  Seen on UK buses website a Northampton outstation at Chowns HILL,cedar drive, Thrapston

Offline Grahamk748

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 09:42:06 PM »
I think they are mixing up/ combining Chowns Mill (A45/A6 roundabout) with the outstation at Thrapston which is where Cedar Drive is, that is East Northants Council offices. I think the Cedar Drive replaced the old outstation at Keystones old depot. corrections welcome if I’m wrong.
Having just checked the  .gov  vehicle operators licence site, they have Chowns Mill listed as the Cedar Drive address. Google maps confirms what I always known as Chowns Mill as above. The old outstation there was in the Freightroute lorry depot there.
Probably another reason why it is closing may be the roadworks that start on the roundabout next month for 2 years causing weekend and evening closures of the A6/A45 roundabout so severely reducing access there at certain times.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 09:53:39 PM by Grahamk748 »

Offline Jamie V (AO02RBX)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 28
    • Jimbosbus Flickr
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 03:00:16 PM »
Cedar Drive was used as a outstation of Kettering for the service 16. But hasn’t been used for a number of years by Stagecoach.

Offline Grahamk748

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2020, 05:42:07 PM »
Cedar Drive was used as a outstation of Kettering for the service 16. But hasn’t been used for a number of years by Stagecoach.
Thank you, wasn’t sure if it was still used, not been that way for a good few years.

Offline a.williams

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 03:34:08 PM »
 Ive had it confirmed to me by an ex chowns mill driver that all drivers there transferred to Northampon and the reason why Chowns mill closed was a proposed huge hike in rent which Stagecoach were not willing to pay