Author Topic: A2B happenings  (Read 464 times)

Offline John Wakefield

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 230
A2B happenings
« on: September 06, 2019, 04:04:40 PM »
Optare Solo YJ62FAM was working Cambridge to Newmarket service 18 today 6/9/19 and also YJ11OJK on the 114 both on hire from Dawson Rentals.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 09:01:03 PM by John Wakefield »

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1406
  • -Receive: 209
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
Re: A2B happenings
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 04:36:19 PM »
Optare Solo YJ62FAM was working Cambridge to Newmarket service 18 today 6/9/19 on hire from Dawson Rentals.

Do we know whether this is Euro IV or Euro V, John?

I can see that it's not Euro VI as its not TfL ULEZ compliant.

And is there anywhere to check a bus by registration to find whether it's Euro I, II, III, IV, V, VI?
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Offline John Wakefield

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 05:02:35 PM »
It wont need to be ULEZ compliant as its not likely to be operating in London

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 06:15:41 PM »
It wont need to be ULEZ compliant as its not likely to be operating in London

Know that, John.

Would like to find out how 'clean' a vehicle is.

We ought to have mandatory TfL-style ULEZ compliance for Cambridge city, and some other areas, in my opinion.
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.

Offline Palatine One

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 130
  • -Receive: 99
    • My Flickr
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 07:41:07 PM »
Being a post-2011 vehicle ("62" registration, so August 2012 to March 2013) it should be Euro V compliant, although with grace periods it may well be Euro IV.

Offline John Wakefield

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 08:59:48 PM »
Know that, John.

Would like to find out how 'clean' a vehicle is.

We ought to have mandatory TfL-style ULEZ compliance for Cambridge city, and some other areas, in my opinion.

Its no dirtier that many of the Stagecoach buses operating in Cambridge, and as buses go quite a modern vehicle. Personally I am not really interested in 'how clean it is' as long as it is not belching out visible clouds of smoke. Forcing operators to upgrade to new buses only puts the cost of fares and tenders up thus resulting in even fewer bus services. Please dont knock A2B as they are obviously trying to update their fleet as and when funds are available. Remember the old bangers that Whippet were using on these services!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 09:01:54 PM by John Wakefield »

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 08:25:15 AM »
Good points, John.

Not knocking A2B. When we are in a situation that Greater Cambridge Partnership are looking at how to generate revenue streams to support public transport, and are looking at introducing low emissions zones; when the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority have set up a Bus Reform Task Force; we ought to be insisting that public money supports low emission vehicles.

Offline John Wakefield

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2019, 10:11:55 AM »
I have recieved this statement from Brian Clifford MD of A2B

Hi john these are staying with us they are primarily for a business park shuttle service we've taken on in Hertfordshire, but I'm sure they will make Cambridge appearances, they are both full euro 5 vehicles as is all our fleet (they where all upgraded by tfl) except kv51 which is a euro 4 upgrade. With regards to the posts on the forum perhaps you could point out that those who are questioning the purchase of non euro 6 buses for Cambridge need to realise the concept of how much a bus costs these two solos and two other buses that arrive next week are a total investment of over £164,000 this i will never see back from the contract costs,
It is also worth mentioning that these vehicles are significantly newer than some that have just been purchased for another nameless business park contract and that stagecoach have only just started transferring in euro 4 buses to Cambridge to replace euro 3 buses.
With regards to tcd comments I attended a meeting with said Cambridge partnership and Mr Nelson yesterday and the reason Cambridge doesn't push for euro 6 is that it simply wouldn't be cost effective and routes and companies would disappear so they have taken the sensible solution and went as high as practically can without being inhibitive in facts and figures since day one of the euro 4 introduction in Cambridge we have been the only company that has operated every one of our services with vehicles above the standard specified not bad for a little company
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 10:13:52 AM by John Wakefield »

Offline John Wakefield

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2019, 11:53:16 AM »
Herewith pics of Solos YJ11OJK on 7a at Whittlesford & YJ62FAM on the 32 Hauxton/Lt. Shelford shuttle at Trumpington P&R today

and also Enviro KX09GJJ on the 31 at Great Shelford now in A2B green livery.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 12:04:51 PM by John Wakefield »

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2019, 01:58:30 PM »
Well turned out.

Offline John Wakefield

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 12:34:54 PM »
The 114 service Addenbrookes to Drummer Street via Beehive and Grafton Centres is not being diverted from its existing route due to roadworks at Queen Ediths Way at the Fendon Road/Perne Road roundabout. There will be inevitable delays at peak times. This decision has been taken by Cambs County Council not the operator.