Author Topic: Minibus crash  (Read 463 times)

Offline John Wakefield

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 300
Minibus crash
« on: November 14, 2019, 10:43:10 PM »
News of a minibus crash on B1040 Somersham Road near the villages of Woodhurst and Bluntisham https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/cambridgeshire-crash-20-people-seriously-20884104
No mention of minibus operator or if it was a private non PSV vehicle. The vehicle is reported as a white Mercedes SN64BHK last known with SMS X Travel, Towcester https://www.flickr.com/photos/mkrbus/32920637117
Latest news 1 person dead and 15 injured.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 09:35:11 AM by John Wakefield »

Offline John Wakefield

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 300
Re: Minibus crash
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 01:12:24 PM »
I have heard on good authority that the minibus was still being operated by SMS X Travel of Towcester, one wonders why it was so far off the direct route from Ely to Towcester assuming the party of pensioners came from that area.

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1650
  • -Receive: 219
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
Re: Minibus crash
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 03:07:16 PM »
Sad to hear that there were two fatalities, as a result of this crash. See this in the Cambridge Independent: Second woman dies after minibus horror crash in Cambridgeshire.

From ITV News Anglia: Second person dies after minibus crash at accident blackspot in Cambridgeshire and Matthew Hudson's report from the day after the crash.

The scene is regarded as an 'accident blackspot' as this later ITV News Anglia repot states: Police respond to three vehicle collision at accident blackspot in Cambridgeshire.

In the light of the two deaths, another in 'a critical' condition' 10 more with 'serious injuries, an ongoing investigation to causes and the possibility of a prosecution, please be sensitive in any postings on this thread and avoid any speculation.
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.