Author Topic: Guided busway changes - Consultation feedback session  (Read 4631 times)

Offline HughT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 81
Re: Guided busway changes - Consultation feedback session
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2020, 12:56:14 PM »
Unfortunately the new timetables were removed from Traveline yesterday (they update weekly on a Thursday). Presumably because there's currently no reliable date for their introduction (and possibly because they weren't 100% accurate?).

Offline barryb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 159
  • -Receive: 174
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2020, 08:03:15 PM »
Should anyone want a nosey, the Traveline PDFs are attached.

I'd also had a go at starting to compile a tidier version that I've also attached, but as I was using the webpage format data that's no longer available and can't complete it I won't continue!  Some tabs were kind of done, some haven't been tidied in any way, and I didn't get the data for many at all.  Where I have tidied I tried to guess which services split at St Ives or Trumpington were through buses, which I could have got wrong.

I did notice while doing this that there's also an early morning Ramsey to Hinchingbrooke bus that I was trying to work out the point of (don't know if it might have been useful in relation to the hospital, or if there was to be a return journey that might have made it so).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 08:52:19 PM by barryb »

Offline chris johnson

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 51
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2020, 03:12:31 PM »
I looked on traveline website this morning they taken off the new busway times looks like it not a go ahead with new timetable yet looks like it might take few more months to sort the new times out just keep your eyes out with it all I know they they got bit of a delay of roadworks on the busway not 100% sure when they change the times again
this photo is a 53 reg Trident what I'm on and its 18058 yes it is Chris johnson

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1948
  • -Receive: 231
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2020, 05:25:28 PM »
I think, Chris, it's because Stagecoach have been messed about by Highways East (A14 works) and Cambridgeshire County Council (Busway repairs) and can't reasonably introduce new services until they can access the full Busway.

Until then, everything is on hold – new timetables, route changes, full vehicle liveries...
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Offline chris johnson

• Thank You
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2020, 07:03:58 PM »
I know mate TCD813 it was on traveline website now it gone till busway repairs done
this photo is a 53 reg Trident what I'm on and its 18058 yes it is Chris johnson

Offline Spoddendale

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 224
  • -Receive: 427
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2020, 10:32:36 AM »
Notices and Proceedings number 2416 dated 26 February 2020 contains the following application(s) (also shown under the Stagecoach in Cambridge thread but repeated here) :

Section 3.4 – Applications to Vary Existing Services Granted Under Short Notice

PF0000459/182 CAMBUS LIMITED, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN Operating between Trumpington P&R and Godmanchester given service number A_B / A / D / B effective from 01 March 2020. To amend Route and Timetable.

PF0000459/202 CAMBUS LIMITED, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN Operating between Trumpington P&R and Rail Station given service number R / R effective from 01 March 2020. To amend Route and Timetable.

PF0000459/244 CAMBUS LIMITED, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN Operating between Royston and Trumpington Park&Ride given service number A1 / A / D effective from 01 March 2020. To amend Route and Timetable.

PF0000459/184 CAMBUS LIMITED, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN Operating between St Ives and Chatteris given service number A / D / A effective from 01 March 2020. To amend Route and Timetable.

PF0000459/183 CAMBUS LIMITED, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN Operating between Huntingdon and Peterborough given service number B / B effective from 01 March 2020. To amend Route and Timetable.

Section 3.6 – Cancellations of Existing Services Granted Under Short Notice

PF0000459/254 CAMBUS LIMITED, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN Operating between Boxworth and St Ives given service number 44 / A effective from 01 March 2020.

PF0000459/255 CAMBUS LIMITED, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN Operating between St Ives and Trumpington Park & Ride given service number XA / XA effective from 01 March 2020.

David
My photos may be seen at
http://www.ipernity.com/home/davidslater-spoddendale

The site includes:

My 1960s/1970s snapshots taken when I worked at Yelloway:
http://www.ipernity.com/doc/davidslater-spoddendale/album/690101

Offline chris johnson

• Thank You
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2020, 09:17:39 PM »
New busway timetable changes at 29th of March it’s on stagecoach website and a pdf about the changes plus keep your eyes out at st ives park and ride site from 29th of March there be paper timetables plus my luck there might be some on all buses

Offline Julia_Hayward

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 124
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2020, 01:04:38 PM »
On Twitter the HA announced they have formally handed the busway back to CambsCC - still ongoing bridge work needed but that can happen out of service hours.

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2020, 11:33:39 AM »
Some remarks about Busway services:
  • I’m pleased to see that Stagecoach have taken on board the desire, from Trumpington Residents’ Association amongst others, for the retention of route R.
  • The X is a great idea and will be greatly welcomed by Cambridge Biomedical Campus workers and by people in Fenstanton.
  • I’m not sure from the map, if route B still gives ‘express’ passengers from Huntingdon to Cambridge a scenic tour of Huntingdon's Oxmoor estate, but it looks that way.
    If so, what is the justification, other than this having been the historic route since the days of the NBC's United Counties subsidiary?
Some remarks about the organisation of the Stagecoach website:
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.

Offline Palatine One

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 134
  • -Receive: 117
    • My Flickr
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2020, 07:19:27 PM »
RE Service B's routing through Huntingdon's Oxmoor estate - I'm not sure about the routes United Counties used, but certainly the Blazefield / Huntingdon & District operated 553/554/555 services, only the 554 was routed via the Oxmoor on an hourly basis with the other two routes giving a combined every 20 minute service.

Stagecoach rationalised this to the every 20 minutes 55 which ran direct to St. Ives via the A14, taking up the same routing as the B through to Huntingdon via the Oxmoor, and the hourly 45 which ran the "slow" service via Bar Hill, Fenstanton, Houghton, and so on.

One question that does spring to mind with that regard is if the B is any faster than the 553/4/5 services could be to Huntingdon from Cambridge despite the advantage the Busway should give.

Offline barryb

• Thank You
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2020, 11:11:32 PM »
Previously I always wondered if the Huntingdon buses should run straight to the bus station first and then terminate in Oxmoor (though that wouldn't work now we have all the very welcome village links).

It's interesting of course that the busway has never been the fastest route to Cambridge, only the most reliable. The final long lasting Hunts & District timetable had a 55m journey somewhere in the timetable (and sometimes the journey actually was 55m), and realistically took about 80m peak if nothing went wrong on the A14 (so sometimes).  IIRC the fastest bus of all was an early morning 5?

The new timetable will allow 60m on Sunday evenings and 80m at peak time (which in my experience never seems to arrive at Orchard Park from Huntingdon on time).  For a long time the fastest buses were 1As or X3s (except in terms of journey time including an average wait for the bus).

You have to wonder if, in a market where there was competition, someone would come along and try a service on the competed A14. I suspecting it would be faster!

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2020, 07:13:34 PM »
Well, Stagecoach are, themselves introducing route X via A14 and M11...

Offline barryb

• Thank You
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2020, 07:54:22 PM »
It's not really much more than potentially useful positioning runs though, is it?

Presumably these buses end up at the station very shortly afterwards, and they would be a very fast way of getting there at a useful time of day, but they're not even advertising that :(
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 10:11:48 PM by barryb »

Offline Elsworth Fox

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 35
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2020, 12:35:57 PM »
With regard to the running time of service B, the problem is the increasing traffic problems in Cambridge.  These negate the advantage given by the Busway.  I was a regular commuter on the H&D 554/5/6 services and whilst we had some congestion on Huntingdon Road in the mornings by the time I finished in 2005 it was worsening all the time.  The evenings weren't too bad although the stretch of the A14 between Girton and Bar Hill could be very slow, no problem if there was an accident on the northbound M11.  Then you could be waiting for time I St. Ives.
Mayor James 'Vanity Project' Palmer had the opportunity to tackle the congestion problem but all he seems interested in his Metro scheme.  His slogan should be 'Jam tomorrow (or in ten years time), jams today.'  If the scheme ever gets built, it seems unlikely there will be many public transport users left to use it.  He won't take on the car lobby in the short term, he'll be thinking about his re-election.

Offline Spoddendale

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 224
  • -Receive: 427
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2020, 08:54:33 PM »
Notices and Proceedings number 2418 dated 11 March 2020 contains the following application(s) relevant to Busway services:

Section 3.2 – Registration of New Services Granted Under Short Notice

PF0000459/256 CAMBUS LIMITED, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN From: St Ives To: Biomedical Campus Via: Name or No.: X / X Service type: Normal Stopping Effective date: 29 March 2020 Other details: 3 AM trips and 3 PM trips Monday to Friday

Section 3.4 – Applications to Vary Existing Services Granted Under Short Notice

PF0000459/183 CAMBUS LIMITED, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN Operating between Huntingdon and Peterborough given service number B / B effective from 29 March 2020. To amend Route and Timetable.

PF0000459/244 CAMBUS LIMITED, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN Operating between Royston and Trumpington Park & Ride given service number A1 / A effective from 29 March 2020. To amend Route and Timetable.

PF0000459/182 CAMBUS LIMITED, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN Operating between Trumpington and Godmanchester given service number A_B / B / A effective from 29 March 2020. To amend Route and Timetable.

PF0000459/184 CAMBUS LIMITED, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN Operating between St Ives and Chatteris given service number A / A effective from 29 March 2020. To amend Route.

PF0000459/202 CAMBUS LIMITED, 100 COWLEY ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0DN Operating between Trumpington Park & Ride and Cambridge Rail Station given service number R / R effective from 29 March 2020. To amend Route and Timetable.

David
My photos may be seen at
http://www.ipernity.com/home/davidslater-spoddendale

The site includes:

My 1960s/1970s snapshots taken when I worked at Yelloway:
http://www.ipernity.com/doc/davidslater-spoddendale/album/690101

Offline HughT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 81
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2020, 10:23:21 AM »
It looks as though the changes have been postponed again. A revised version of the announcement posted recently on the Stagecoach website merely suggests a launch date "as soon as possible".

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and-offers/east/busway-service-changes-spring-2020-facts-and-questions

However, the proposed timetable is currently available on Traveline (presumably the same data as was originally posted when March 1st was the intended implementation date). Even if it's withdrawn, I don't think that's going to happen until next Thursday (since Traveline usually updates its datasets weekly).

Offline Elsworth Fox

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 35
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2020, 12:43:26 PM »
The temporary timetables are available on the website but seem to have been done in haste because there are a number of errors.  The main one relates to service B.  On the Monday to Saturday westbound timetable, during the period showing 'minutes past each hour', the timings of Peterborough journeys beyond Huntingdon are shown under the journeys terminating at Hinchingbrooke Hospital not Huntingdon Station.  There are also timings missing west of St. Ives on some evening journeys.

Offline cesar

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 30
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2020, 07:04:48 PM »
The temporary timetables are available on the website but seem to have been done in haste because there are a number of errors.  The main one relates to service B.  On the Monday to Saturday westbound timetable, during the period showing 'minutes past each hour', the timings of Peterborough journeys beyond Huntingdon are shown under the journeys terminating at Hinchingbrooke Hospital not Huntingdon Station.  There are also timings missing west of St. Ives on some evening journeys.

Done in haste? Surely not. I’m sure Stagecoach could have predicted this crisis months ago. Good grief.....