Author Topic: Ex Lothian Wright body double decker  (Read 479 times)

Offline Grahamk748

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 59
Ex Lothian Wright body double decker
« on: December 11, 2020, 01:31:34 PM »
I’ve seen a Wright Gemini body double decker around Rushden in the Lothian maroon livery a few times today. Any idea what it’s reg might be and who owns it please?

Offline chris johnson

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 66
Re: Ex Lothian Wright body double decker
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 09:33:55 PM »
hi mate

i know who got them there 6 of them there for andrews and mil ken coach company regs are SN55BJZ/BKA/D/E/F/BNJ/V as i got a good friend tells me lives near andrews coaches yard he given me heads up
this photo is a 53 reg Trident what I'm on and its 18058 yes it is Chris johnson

Offline John Wakefield

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 10:44:53 PM »
I would think Rushden is a bit outside of the operating area for Andrews and Mil-Ken. They are not the only operators to have taken in ex Lothian Volvo B7TL Wright Eclipse Geminis
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 10:46:41 PM by John Wakefield »

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2705
  • -Receive: 257
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 10:34:38 AM »
I would think Rushden is a bit outside of the operating area for Andrews and Mil-Ken. They are not the only operators to have taken in ex Lothian Volvo B7TL Wright Eclipse Geminis

Perhaps the first sighting was not a single vehicle but some or all of the six, passing through?
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Offline Grahamk748

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2020, 09:08:41 PM »
It’s not and Andrews or Mil Ken vehicle. Having seen it again yesterday is seems to be doing the same run, school run? as an ex Ensign ALX400 that was in Ensigns red/silver livery. It’s definitely a local operator to Northants, I’ve just never worked out who’s the ex Ensign vehicle was either.

Offline Leyland L60

• Thank You
  • -Given: 280
  • -Receive: 93
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2020, 03:50:33 PM »
It's SN56 AEG, a extra-long wheelbase 82-seat Volvo B7TL/Wright Eclipse Gemini new to Lothian, so it will have been well looked-after. Without being certain I would bet a pound to a penny that it belongs to Diamond Coaches of Rushden. They gave up all their registered bus services several months ago, but I think they still do schools work. The silver and blue Ensign-liveried decker is theirs as well.

Offline Grahamk748

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 09:19:32 PM »
Thanks, I’m still trying to catch up with it properly. It’s definitely not one of Diamonds as they’ve given up completely.