Author Topic: 'Moribus' filming in Manchester  (Read 144 times)

Offline Spoddendale

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 328
  • -Receive: 553
'Moribus' filming in Manchester
« on: February 10, 2021, 10:27:52 AM »
Readers of the July 2019 issue of ‘Buses’ magazine may recall seeing a piece about the filming of the Spiderman spin-off movie ‘Moribus’ which took place in Manchester in early 2019 when the Stevenson Square area was made to resemble New York City.

Different types of American looking vehicles complemented the scene including a Mercedes-Benz Citaro which was brought from a Belgian operator Staca van Mullen. Therefore, it is appropriately left hand drive so quite fitting for the film’s setting. To disguise the manufacturer the Mercedes-Benz logos were removed from the exterior panels and very authentic looking MTA (New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority) livery and fleetnames applied.

To see photographs of vehicles and scenes taken during the filming just Google search ‘Moribus Manchester’ then select 'Images'. The clearest photographs of the bus are a front offside shot from the ‘Don’t Tell Harry’ Marvel Comics fan blog site and a rear offside shot from the ‘I♥Mcr’ (I love Manchester) website.

‘Wikipedia’ tells this of the film:
‘Moribus’ is an upcoming superhero film based on a Marvel Comics character of the same name produced by Columbia Pictures in association with Marvel and distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing. Filming of the movie was confirmed to have been completed by June 2019 with a planned premiere in July 2020 but due to the Covid-19 pandemic the release in the U.S. is now planned for January 21, 2022.

David
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 10:54:51 AM by Spoddendale »
My photos may be seen at
http://www.ipernity.com/home/davidslater-spoddendale

The site includes:

My 1960s/1970s snapshots taken when I worked at Yelloway:
http://www.ipernity.com/doc/davidslater-spoddendale/album/690101