Author Topic: Norfolk school bus operator banned  (Read 173 times)

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3607
  • -Receive: 318
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
Norfolk school bus operator banned
« on: September 30, 2021, 04:29:00 PM »
From Coach and Bus Week, 28/09/2021 Norfolk school bus operator banned.

PTS Group (Norfolk) Limited, trading as Wrights Coaches and based at Hoveton, Norwich had its Public Service Vehicle (PSV) operator’s licence revoked from 6 October 2021 for multiple offences including knowingly falsifying tachograph records.

Matthew Wright lost his repute as a transport manager and was disqualified from being a director of any company for one year, and disqualified as a transport manager for 2 years, in addition to receiving a suspension of his PSV licence for 6 months.

Five other drivers’ entitlement to drive coaches were also suspended by the Deputy Traffic Commissioner at driver conduct hearings and an additional three drivers were given formal warnings for their actions.

Full news report in hyperlink above.

See also Office of the Traffic Commissioner (East of England) Notices and Proceedings 2491

Quote from: Office of the Traffic Commissioner (East of England) Notices and Proceedings 2491
Public Inquiry (83779) to be held at The Court Room (Cambridge), CB2 8BF, Eastern Traffic Area, Eastbrook, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge, on 6 September 2021 commencing at 10:00 (Previous Publication:(2483)) Previous hearing on 28 June 2021 was adjourned.
PF2005316 SI
PTS GROUP (NORFOLK) LIMITED
Director(s): MATTHEW JOHN WRIGHT
23 NORTHMEAD DRIVE, NORTH WALSHAM, NR28 9AN
S16 - Consider attaching of varying conditions under Section 16 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)
S17 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 17 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)
S28 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 28 (The Transport Act 1985)
Sch.3 - Consideration of Transport Managers Repute under Schedule 3 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Offline Palatine

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 159
  • -Receive: 220
Re: Norfolk school bus operator banned
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 05:27:14 PM »
I saw the MD has been quoted in the Eastern Daily Press: https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/traffic/wrights-coaches-banned-but-till-operating-8344204

Matthew Wright told this paper: “I’m absolutely devastated to be honest, this has been a lifelong goal since I was eight years old. To have that taken away is very upsetting.

“The 30 offences, the biggest amount, were for me taking the vehicles home, which I would have thought was classed as private use. I’ve realised the error of my ways. What I was doing was taking the vehicle home and because I didn’t have my driver card in, it’s an infringement.”

He said he intended for the company to continue to operate, taking bookings and subcontracting to “reputable coach companies”. He said the school runs are “out for re-tender as we speak”.

The company did not hold the school route contracts at the time of the offences, he said, but “helped out when other companies were short”, including on the occasion he worked a 24-hour shift.

He said none of the staff involved in the ruling were still working for the company, which had doubled in size and improved its systems since the time of the investigation.

Asked whether he felt he or his drivers had acted dangerously, or whether he had a message for customers and parents, he said: “In hindsight we would have planned better.”

Suffice it to say, as Transport Manager with the appropriate qualifications and training - he should have known better!