Author Topic: Ex First London now in fleet livery  (Read 3578 times)

Offline Spoddendale

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 355
  • -Receive: 592
Ex First London now in fleet livery
« on: May 26, 2010, 11:13:21 PM »
Quite regularly I have seen a First tow truck pulling former London double deckers at Barton Mills (Suffolk) parked for the night. On Wednesday 26 May LT52 WTV, a Plaxton President bodied Volvo B7TL new in October 2002 as Centrewest VTL1212, was being towed by a First Bristol Volvo tow truck. The bus had only recently been repainted, the smell of paint being quite strong. No legal name and address or fleetnumber were carried although it still had London area destination blinds fitted.

http://davidslater.fotopic.net/p65059187.html
http://davidslater.fotopic.net/p65059188.html
http://davidslater.fotopic.net/p65059189.html

David
My photos may be seen at
http://www.ipernity.com/home/davidslater-spoddendale

The site includes:

My 1960s/1970s snapshots taken when I worked at Yelloway:
http://www.ipernity.com/doc/davidslater-spoddendale/album/690101

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
  • J621BVG
Re: Ex First London now in fleet livery
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 08:22:00 AM »
I'd say most likely for Norwich, although nothing has been said and the fleetlist has nothing on the bus. I wonder how mny more ex-London double-deckers are coming to FEC?
East Londoner

Offline Jamie V (AO02RBX)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 28
    • Jimbosbus Flickr
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 12:20:36 PM »
I'd say most likely for Norwich, although nothing has been said and the fleetlist has nothing on the bus. I wonder how mny more ex-London double-deckers are coming to FEC?
From what i and a fellow member were made aware of ALL of the Dennis Darts are to replaced in Naaaarwich bar ex London Presidents. As the Darts do not meet LEZ etc... and will be displaced off to YarLow & Ips in according time to more than likely kill of the Steppers...
Again though things change as i have said so do not take this fully like it will happen it may well change.

Offline ECBusman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 02:51:43 PM »

I would say that if it's a Bristol Truck picking it up then the bus is heading for Bristol (or as near as makes no difference). We are not the only First Fleet that are waiting to recieve ex-London refurbished and repainted buses. Lucky us! ;) :D

andrewbus42

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 03:10:30 PM »

I would say that if it's a Bristol Truck picking it up then the bus is heading for Bristol (or as near as makes no difference). We are not the only First Fleet that are waiting to recieve ex-London refurbished and repainted buses. Lucky us! ;) :D
The 'First Bristol' tow truck is a regular visitor to East Anglia on towing duties - as far as I know it is used all over the country.

Offline Jamie V (AO02RBX)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 28
    • Jimbosbus Flickr
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 06:20:37 PM »

The 'First Bristol' tow truck is a regular visitor to East Anglia on towing duties - as far as I know it is used all over the country.
It was the First Bristol tow truck that was sighted and seen at MCV, Sutton near Ely wasnt it?

Adam Dowling

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 06:37:34 PM »
Yeah, but that was when MCV at Sutton were doing refurb work for First. Haven't seen any Marshall Darts or Plaxton Tridents/B7TL's shuddering along the A14 or M11 for a good few months now...

andrewbus42

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 06:56:22 PM »
Yeah, but that was when MCV at Sutton were doing refurb work for First. Haven't seen any Marshall Darts or Plaxton Tridents/B7TL's shuddering along the A14 or M11 for a good few months now...
It was also sighted and photographed back in April by a First X1 driver friend of mine parked up at that truckers cafe on the A47 at Necton near Swaffham.

Offline samw

• Forum Technical Support
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 55
    • Flickr
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 08:20:14 PM »
Been reliably informed its due at FEC. Likely to have been refurbed by Rotherham

EDIT: Told the wrong place!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 08:23:14 PM by samw »
Sam Wickham
Forum Technical Support