Author Topic: EATM Bus Restorations  (Read 2709 times)

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
  • J621BVG
EATM Bus Restorations
« on: August 29, 2010, 08:47:32 PM »
918NRT
I can now comfirm that this is a runner (a very smokey one at that!), and will now be restored at the museum. Bodyshell is in very good condition, so major work is only really needed on the interior, which has no seats (playbus), and a good service. Sounded a bit like AEC Reliance 85. Can't wait to see that in resplendant in Lowestoft colours.

I assume major work will not begin until October, when the winter work budgets are announced.

K62KEX
This should be spray-painted soon (which could be anything from a couple of weeks or next year!). Interior will be worked on this winter by a three-man team (which I'm part of!). I assume it should be ready for Bus Event 2011, though that is my prediction, and anything can change during the winter!

On the subject of bus restorations, there is a beautifully-restored Eastern Counties VR at the museum, VR190 (VPW85S). I was wondering, who owns this bus?
East Londoner

andrewbus42

Re: EATM Bus Restorations
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 09:50:08 PM »
918NRT
I can now comfirm that this is a runner (a very smokey one at that!), and will now be restored at the museum. Bodyshell is in very good condition, so major work is only really needed on the interior, which has no seats (playbus), and a good service. Sounded a bit like AEC Reliance 85. Can't wait to see that in resplendant in Lowestoft colours.

I assume major work will not begin until October, when the winter work budgets are announced.

K62KEX
This should be spray-painted soon (which could be anything from a couple of weeks or next year!). Interior will be worked on this winter by a three-man team (which I'm part of!). I assume it should be ready for Bus Event 2011, though that is my prediction, and anything can change during the winter!

On the subject of bus restorations, there is a beautifully-restored Eastern Counties VR at the museum, VR190 (VPW85S). I was wondering, who owns this bus?
As far as I know VR190 belongs to Julian Patterson.

Offline Derrick Pancel

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 06:05:11 PM »
Correct, Andy - VR190 was at the Konectbus depot during the ABF King's Lynn, Dereham and Norwich visit.

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • J621BVG
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 10:23:37 PM »
Sadly, there was no money in the EATM winter budget for work on 62 to be done.
East Londoner

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • J621BVG
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 04:33:50 PM »
Buses magazine states that in November, Manchester trolleybus 1344 (ONE744) which had been on loan to the museum, has been taken to Thamesdown's depot for a light refurbishment (seats most likely, because they were falling apart) and repaint. It will no longer be kept at the EATM, and I have been told that it is most likely on its way to Sandtoft.

Also, London trolleybus 796 has been taken on loan from France, and will be restored in due course. There is a website that details the restoration and history of the vehicle

www.796.org.uk
East Londoner

Offline hobohippie95

• Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 6
  • London trolleybus 1812 arriving at the EATM
    • East Anglian Transport Museum Website
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 10:41:23 PM »
really can't wait for it to be restored and start running  at the museum- mainly so i can start conducting on it
Last bus trips:
603 to transport museum
603 to lowestoft bus station
1A to denes high school.

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • J621BVG
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 07:29:11 PM »
really can't wait for it to be restored and start running  at the museum- mainly so i can start conducting on it
I'd rather it be kept externally in the state that it arrived in at the museum. It would make an interesting contrast with the 3 immaculate London trolleys already at the museum.

Anyway, further trolleybus news is that Belfast 246, which had been on loan at the Black Country Museum in Dudley has returned to Carlton Colville now that 1344 has departed for good. And another interesting trolleybus movement, reported in the news section of the BTS, is that Derby 224 has been swapped for Derby 237, which was also at the Black Country Museum. 224 has gone to Boughton. I have no news on what is happening to Copenhagen 5, which is apparantly being restored off-site for the 100 years of the trolleybus special event Certainly on the trolleybus front, it's going to be an interesting year.
East Londoner

Offline hobohippie95

• Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 6
  • London trolleybus 1812 arriving at the EATM
    • East Anglian Transport Museum Website
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 11:38:11 PM »
yes it will be and it will make a contrast seeing some "new" trolleybuses around the museum site this comming season
Last bus trips:
603 to transport museum
603 to lowestoft bus station
1A to denes high school.

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • J621BVG
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 07:40:15 PM »
For the Bus Event at the end of June, they might have on display 918NRT, to show how much restoration work has taken place. I'm informed that it is aimed to be completed in 2013, which would be appropriate as it would be 50 years old.

I might even be the first conductor on it in nearly 40 years!  ;D ;D
East Londoner