Author Topic: Which Open Top Buses?  (Read 1740 times)

Offline hobohippie95

• Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 6
  • London trolleybus 1812 arriving at the EATM
    • East Anglian Transport Museum Website
Which Open Top Buses?
« on: December 09, 2010, 10:30:51 PM »
hello, i am a regular watcher of the apprentice and this wenesday , they had an open top bus each, i was wondering, which buses were used, does anyone know?
Last bus trips:
603 to transport museum
603 to lowestoft bus station
1A to denes high school.

Adam Dowling

Re: Which Open Top Buses?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 10:33:26 PM »
One of them was VLY601 used on the cringeworthy flop that was the "Cockney Tour", didn't catch what the other one was but they were both Ayats bodied B7TL's..

Offline alex397

• Thank You
  • -Given: 87
  • -Receive: 31
    • My Flickr Page!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 03:19:00 PM »
Not sure what buses they used. You could watch it again on iPlayer to see which buses they were. The buses were modified slightly..'The Original Tour' vinyls were replaced by the name of the tour which the groups were doing, like the Cockney Tour or the Ghost & Ghouls Tour.

I do know that the bus garage part was filmed at the Arriva garage at Wandsworth (WD). That garage only has one TfL route, the 337, the rest of the garage used for The Original Tour. The Original Tour also has a garage in Rainham, Essex (RH).

Offline hobohippie95

• Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 6
  • London trolleybus 1812 arriving at the EATM
    • East Anglian Transport Museum Website
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 04:34:07 PM »
One of them was VLY601 used on the cringeworthy flop that was the "Cockney Tour", didn't catch what the other one was but they were both Ayats bodied B7TL's..
i don't know palatine one- i think the cockney tour was better as it didn't make you feel ill
Last bus trips:
603 to transport museum
603 to lowestoft bus station
1A to denes high school.

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
  • J621BVG
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 04:36:47 PM »
I think they should have used their tri-axle Metrobuses on the tour, as they have more seats to sell, but I suppose that would have made it too easy for the teams to make money.
East Londoner