Author Topic: Bus Event 26th June 2011  (Read 7107 times)

Offline J621BVG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
  • J621BVG
Re: Bus Event 26th June 2011
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2011, 09:53:15 PM »
It was a very good event indeed. I managed rides on WEX685M and MRT6P, thus meaning I've finally got an Atlantean under my belt. Just need a ride on a Fleetline now.

I also worked a stifling hot and busy shift on the trolleybuses between 12 and 1, plus two rather quieter shifts on both trams towards the end of the day.

Apart from a few annoying younger visitors, it was an enjoyable day, thankfully passing this time without the emergency services being required.

I will now admit, the Leyland National finally looks elderly in my eyes, though how much of that was down to the vintage Westcliff livery it had is up to question.
East Londoner

Offline hobohippie95

• Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 6
  • London trolleybus 1812 arriving at the EATM
    • East Anglian Transport Museum Website
Re: Bus Event 26th June 2011
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2011, 12:34:10 AM »
i too got a ride on an atlantean, i worked between 1 and 2 on trolleybus which was busy then 2 and 3 on train and felt knackered by the end after 2 busy hours in very hot weather, plus on one journey we hit a bit of wood on the track, which took a minute or two to clear I can't wait till trolleybus weekend because at least then it nice and cool and we get our own schedules. plus we should be launching newcastle trolley 628 back into service at last
Last bus trips:
603 to transport museum
603 to lowestoft bus station
1A to denes high school.