Author Topic: Kimes Happennings 2013  (Read 5701 times)

Offline dennisdart

• Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 612
Kimes Happennings 2013
« on: June 20, 2013, 05:12:13 PM »
Reported on the Yahoo east midlands forum is that Centrebus have advised the staff at Kimes that the Folkingham depot is not sustainable and work will be moved to other depots.

Most of Kimes services have been cancelled and re-registered with Centrebus except services 9,12 and 58/59. Service 9 is the Peterborough to Oakham service

This is apparently to happen in August.

This was reported by two regular correspondents to the EM group.

Offline Cheltonian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 146
  • -Receive: 240
Re: Kimes Happennings 2013
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 05:19:56 PM »
Although they have not yet been registered, I've heard that 9 is to be transferred to Saxby, 12 to Uppingham and most of Grantham and Folkingham area services to Grantham. It would appear that the only services to be 'lost' are Boston area.
See my latest photo's on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheltonian1966/

Number of individual vehicles recorded as travelled on at end of March 2020 : 14,622

Celebrating over 57 years interest in Buses and Coaches

Offline Cheltonian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 146
  • -Receive: 240
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 08:25:22 AM »
Reported on Yahoo Centrebus Group is the re-location of Kimes vehicles from Folkingham:-

S1 to High Peak Dove Holes numbered 703
S2 to Corby numbered 728
S4 has all branding removed and it parked at Folkingham
S6 to Corby numbered 766
S7 to Huddersfield numbered 599 (hasn't gone yet as it is awaiting repair)
S9 to Saxby numbered 759
S10 to Saxby numbered 758
D1 to Grantham numbered 881
D2 to Grantham numbered 882
D3 to Grantham numbered 883
D4 has been sold to Hilton, Newton-le-Willows
D5 to Saxby numbered 885 (hasn't gone yet as covering Boston services)
D6 to Saxby numbered 886
D7 to Grantham numbered 924
D8 has been sold to Lodge's, High Easter
It is expected that 5 of the Olympians will be sold to Brylaine this week-end.

The buses that transferred to Grantham have had Kimes fleetnames removed while the buses at Saxby have gained A4 sheet of paper with Centrebus legals on displayed on nearside front window, no other physical changes have been noted.
Olympians to Brylaine Travel
See my latest photo's on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheltonian1966/

Number of individual vehicles recorded as travelled on at end of March 2020 : 14,622

Celebrating over 57 years interest in Buses and Coaches

Offline dwarfer1979

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 151
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 09:15:41 AM »
S7 won't be going to Huddersfield, that was mooted at one point but won't be happening.  It's final home is not yet decided (at least it wasn't last Thursday) but it will probably find a home as it is reportedly a good example of its type.

Assuming the two to Corby are correct (728 was definitely one & either 764 - S4 - or 766 was the other) then S4 (Centrebus fleet number 764) should be at Grantham.

Not being sure what the Kimes numbers relate to (Centrebus only ever referred to the Centrebus fleet numbers they were allocated on takeover) I'm not sure on the deckers though I had been told the DAF had been sold (along with a Citybus fron Grantham).  What else may or may not be sold I am still unclear on and I am still awaiting the latest company fleetlist which should have all the transfers for September on to be sure what has left and what has moved where.