Author Topic: Stagecoach Cambridgeshire happenings 2021  (Read 3434 times)

Offline busman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 203
    • The Wakefield Files
Re: Stagecoach Cambridgeshire happenings 2021
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2021, 04:29:28 PM »
When you say 'rest room' I hope that's in the British English rather than the US English sense.  ::)
You taking the pee?
I think the canteen within the bus station is out of action.
Never ask a dustman to talk shop.
He will only talk a load of rubbish!

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3069
  • -Receive: 285
  • Regards, Richard.
    • All 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2021, 05:52:22 PM »
Noted in Drummer Street today is ADL bodied Dennis Dart KX06 JYS in use as a rest room.
When you say 'rest room' I hope that's in the British English rather than the US English sense.  ::)
You taking the pee?
I think the canteen within the bus station is out of action.

Well... given the popularity (lack of) of what was, in some quarters, know as the 'Dennis Drat'...
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.
There's all 'manor' of stuff on my Twitter A/c.

Online al_557

• Thank You
  • -Given: 156
  • -Receive: 286
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2021, 06:08:47 PM »
Well... given the popularity (lack of) of what was, in some quarters, know as the 'Dennis Drat'...

Bedford (4) and Peterborough (2) still have them in service

Offline chris johnson

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 71
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2021, 03:47:32 PM »
how come 13812 and 13813 down in one of south east yard just want to know why and how come there down there for any ideas are they going to use down there as i know they based around cambridge any help with it please i be very greatful
this photo is a 53 reg Trident what I'm on and its 18058 yes it is Chris johnson

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 813
  • -Receive: 186
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2021, 05:12:23 PM »
Bus Times reckons they are being transferred to Devon. The move was logged on Wednesday 10th so perhaps a stop on the way for South West to pick up?

Offline Bob

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2021, 05:17:11 PM »

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bristol-re/5573758012/in/photolist-rxoRZS-9uwY55 ;).

Offline Palatine

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 152
  • -Receive: 188
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2021, 06:14:39 PM »
Milton Park and Ride services this week so far have been entirely in the hands of the GX10 registered batch of Enviro300s. The P&R fleet is still out and about on what appears to be all other services - one of the grey "spare" 'deckers was hurtling along on a 13 yesterday morning.

Offline Barry

• Thank You
  • -Given: 169
  • -Receive: 239
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2021, 07:11:27 PM »
Stagecoach regularly tweet "All buses available to us are now on the road".

Does this mean that the fleet has been somewhat reduced?  The guided busway service is operating at nothing like the timetable that was supposed to be operated from a few days after Covid struck!

Offline dwarfer1979

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 151
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2021, 10:59:23 AM »

Does this mean that the fleet has been somewhat reduced?  The guided busway service is operating at nothing like the timetable that was supposed to be operated from a few days after Covid struck!
During these periods of reduced service companies have delicensed a proportion of their fleet, these haven't left the fleet and can be returned to service given sufficient notice (they would probably need a return to service check and to be re-taxed), but they are not immediately available for service in the case of routine pertubation.

Alternatively this is simply a pre-emptive response to the most common follow up from customers when complaining about overloading or missing journeys, that of "why don't you just send out another bus?" as if all operators have an infinite supply of spare buses sat available at no cost.  Additionally with social distancing requiring some level of duplication, both long-term scheduled and more ad-hoc, the vehicle requirement may not be as low as the basic service provision may indicate - at least to the casual passenger - and this is just emphasising they have released any spare resource they had sat in the depot to deal with whatever is being referred to.

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2021, 03:10:08 PM »

During these periods of reduced service companies have delicensed a proportion of their fleet, these haven't left the fleet and can be returned to service given sufficient notice (they would probably need a return to service check and to be re-taxed), but they are not immediately available for service in the case of routine pertubation.

Alternatively this is simply a pre-emptive response to the most common follow up from customers when complaining about overloading or missing journeys, that of "why don't you just send out another bus?" as if all operators have an infinite supply of spare buses sat available at no cost.  Additionally with social distancing requiring some level of duplication, both long-term scheduled and more ad-hoc, the vehicle requirement may not be as low as the basic service provision may indicate - at least to the casual passenger - and this is just emphasising they have released any spare resource they had sat in the depot to deal with whatever is being referred to.

And another thing...

Some city/citi services which were – pre-pandemic – 10-minute headway are nor 15-minute.
TCD813? The reg of a Southdown Motor Services, Northern Counties bodied, Leyland Titan PD3/4 FH39/30F (popularly dubbed 'Queen Mary') from the late 50s.

Offline Barry

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2021, 07:59:41 PM »
I see.

It's a slightly concerning thing to read when the As going past are always so full (admittedly only the necessarily lower capacity As - the 905s, 8s and 8Hs all appear to be ghost town central...)

Offline Steves

• Thank You
  • -Given: 813
  • -Receive: 186
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2021, 12:44:50 AM »
Stagecoach East has a new interim Managing Director - Darren Roe. He seems to have started last month.

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2021, 09:50:34 AM »
Following Michelle Hargreaves’ move to Stagecoach Regional Director for the North, Darren Roe was appointed interim Managing Director of Stagecoach East from January 2021. Darren was previously Engineering Director, Stagecoach East (since April 2019) having previously served as Engineering Director, Stagecoach London (Jan 2011 – Jun 2018) and Engineering Director, Stagecoach Manchester (Oct 2001 – Jan 2011).

In between those posts and moving to Stagecoach East, Darren was Workstream Director, Safety and Engineering Development, for Stagecoach Group plc (Jun 2018 – Apr 2019) working as part of the Business Change Programme, under the “Safety Always” strategic objective, working with the group's operating companies' Engineering Directors, to support them where they had challenging and performance related engineering environments and  introducing of a confidential health and safety reporting system using a independent an partner.

See also the attached PDF.

Offline Elsworth Fox

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2021, 07:25:07 PM »
Travelling through Huntingdon on Saturday, I saw a several of the Busway double-deckers operating on service C.  I hadn't appreciated that Stagecoach were operating C on Saturdays.  Was this a one off?

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2021, 08:37:19 AM »
Travelling through Huntingdon on Saturday, I saw a several of the Busway double-deckers operating on service C.  I hadn't appreciated that Stagecoach were operating C on Saturdays.  Was this a one off?

This is odd. The latest timetable shows only A & B operating at the weekend.

I can only surmise that they were operating as duplicate services to either the A or the B as far as Regent Street, then returning via Parkside, displaying route C so there was no way that passengers would think that it was a through service to Addenbrookes hospital and Trumpington park-and-ride.

That route was tried once (once too many times) with a double-decker.

Offline Barry

• Thank You
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2021, 04:44:19 PM »

Due to government restrictions, we have to limit the number of people who can travel on each bus. Nationally, this has led to a shortage of resources as the lockdown restrictions are eased and more people use the buses to get to work and education. Following discussions between ourselves, the County Council and Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority, the decision has been made to temporarily suspend the Milton Park & Ride service from Monday 10th May 2021, in order to move the resources onto routes that are seeing a greater demand for services. This temporary suspension of service will allow for extra buses to be provided, initially on Route 13 and other routes that are experiencing capacity issues, where appropriate.

Hmm. this is kind of what I was worried about - that the current service levels would be treated as the new baseline :(

Offline TCD813

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • Regards, Richard.
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2021, 05:04:46 PM »

And another thing...

Some city/citi services which were – pre-pandemic – 10-minute headway are nor 15-minute.
Hmm. this is kind of what I was worried about - that the current service levels would be treated as the new baseline :(

And now the latest:

Quote from: Amber Clark, Marketing Officer, Stagecoach East
Due to government restrictions, we have to limit the number of people who can travel on each bus. Nationally, this has led to a shortage of resources as the lockdown restrictions are eased and more people use the buses to get to work and education. Following discussions between ourselves, the County Council and Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority, the decision has been made to temporarily suspend the Milton Park & Ride service from Monday 10th May 2021, in order to move the resources onto routes that are seeing a greater demand for services. This temporary suspension of service will allow for extra buses to be provided, initially on Route 13 and other routes that are experiencing capacity issues, where appropriate.

Passengers currently using the Milton Park and Ride service are advised to use Newmarket Road or Madingley Road Park and Ride as an alternative until the limit on passenger numbers is increased and we can resume normal operation.

We apologise for any inconvenience this decision may cause but hope that passengers will understand that the issue is one being experienced on a national scale and each local operation must do everything they can to ensure the resources they have are used to ensure essential local bus services are maintained.

Not meeting with the approval of Cambridge Area Bus Users...

Stagecoach Suspend Milton Park & Ride Service

Quote from: Cambridge Area Bus Users
We were disappointed to learn, earlier today, of this service suspension. We are particularly concerned that this is taking place with less than a week’s notice, and wonder how, when, and where intending users of the Milton P&R service will become aware of its withdrawal.

We suspect that most users will become aware only when they arrive at Milton P&R site, and will then drive into the city centre.

A2B weighed in on Twitter...

Quote from: A2B
Not the best way to "bus back better" and encourage the public to travel to support local businesses and public transport operators .
We have struggled with only 75% of our staff for the last few months  and have still managed to operate all our services

Let's see if there are any comments from the mayoral candidates for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority: